Chap.20

Percy had a little more than a week left until she left. Normally spending the day with her friends then having family time during the later hours of the day.

Today was no different. But she did have to babysit Estelle, and she wasn't to sure about bringing her to the Wayne mansion.

She pulled up in Paul's Prius, her sister giggling in the back seat. Grayson walking out to meet her. A confused look on his face.
"What's up with the car? No bike?"
"Nah, I got Estelle today" she said getting out. "My adoptive sister is going to have a Field day when she see her" "sister?" Percy asked. As far as she new, Bruce only had boys.

"Yeah, you two would get along. Come on, I'll introduce you to Barbra"

They walked in, Percy holding the babbling toddler with Grayson carrying a bag with many pockets.

"Lady Percy, what a pleasure it is to see you. And who is this?" Alfred asked, closing the door behind the three. "This is my little sister, Estelle" "I can see the resemblance"

"You must be Percy" a new voice said. Percy looked to the stair case to see a woman with red hair. She had a toned body and wore black leggings and plain white T-shirt under a gray jacket. "He has described you so well" she smiled.

"Barbra, right?" She asked, shifting her sister to her hip in order to shake her hand. "Yup, and this is?" "My sister Estelle" "she's very adorable, may I?" Normally she would not let a complete stranger hold her sister, but there was something about her that made you feel like you could trust her.

She handed the baby over and looked to dick like 'why am I here?'.

"Want to play some basketball with Jason and Tim?" Percy nodded at Grayson's offer, "come on, their waiting in the back." 

They walked out through the kitchen and into a large land scape. There was a large hedge scape with and arch at the back. She followed him hoping that he was not leading her to her death. She held back a laugh at the joke.

She hoped it was a joke.

Eventually they made it to a basketball court. Jason with his white streak of hair. Much like hers, which concerned her. She had first got Her's when she took the sky from Artemis. Which then faded over two years. Then came back from being in Tartarus for five days. But more noticeable.

How could he get such a thing? What had he been through?

"Hey" Tim said clapping her on the back. "Two on two?" "I mean if you're really in the mood to lose" she taunted. "Oh" Jason laughed "I knew I liked you."

They played for about two hours, dick and Percy eventually winning. Though Percy did most of the work. They went in for lunch, Damien eventually coming in from where ever he was.

Percy sat in front of Estelle, trying to make her eat the mashed baby shit. She hated the stuff when she was younger. And she hates it now. And she didn't really want to feed it to her. She shivered as if she could taste it now. She sighed and put the lid on the container. Taking out a pre-made bottle and looked around to see if anyone was in the room.

No one was in the room at the moment, she held her hands around the glass part of the bottle. A new trick she had picked up was that she could control the temperature of the liquid if she concentrated. After finding the right temperature she drew a drop of the bottle, making sure it would. It burn her.

Giving the bottle to the toddlers outstretched arms. She watched as she drank it.

Dick, Tim, Jason and Alfred came in and were in the middle of a conversation. Alfred not really taking part and just brought the food. Barbra walked in and sat on the couch next to Percy.

"So why did your mom decide to have another baby?" She asked. "My dads not really in the picture, so my mom remarried about a year ago to a really cool guy, he teaches at a school I used to go to" "used to?" "I uh dropped out" she looked confused. "Why?"  "Uh personal reasons" I was kidnapped by my vengeful aunt who has a very unhealthy marriage and who is the goddess of marriage.

"Alright then," Barbara said.

The boys finally finished there hushed conversation they sat down. Jason picked up a sandwich and shoved it in his mouth, chewing it like it offended  him.  Clearly the thing they were talking about was annoying him.

A man with black hair walked in, he looked like was in his mid thirties.  "Bruce this is Percy, Percy this is my adoptive father" "nice to meet you" she said standing up and stretching out her hand. He shook it stiffly, as if he was in pain. "Nice to meet you"  she said. "hey what happened to your face?" Jason asked as he got a better look at him.

He had purple bruises on both of his cheeks. As well as around his neck. "I uh had a problem with something" he waved vaguely.

They ate lunch, though it was a little awkward. Bruce kept asking questions as if he was interrogating Percy. But she seemed calm and responded surprisingly not sassy. It scared Grayson.

Eventually Percy and dick went up to his room. Estelle coming with them.

Those green eyes bugged Bruce. He has seen them before, but where? There was something about that girl that said 'danger, a force to be reckoned with'

Jason was looking for something that he had hoped would be in Graysons room, but as he walked in he completely forgot about said object. The two sleep deprived teens were asleep, a babbling baby in between the two. The only thing that could be seen were two chubby arms waving a plastic toy in the air.

He walked closer, she was almost the exact replica of Percy. Jason picked up the toddler and bounced her, her pure and innocent eyes looking at him with joy. He looked to the two on the bed, taking out his phone he took a picture of Dick, snuggling into Percy's neck. Grayson was going to get a shit load after this.

Walking down the stairs with a smug smirk. "What's up with him. Did Percy really trust him with Estelle?" Tim said. "Todd is  actually good with kids, believe it or not" Damien said. "And how would you know?" "Found him on patrol one time, he was helping a lost kid find his way back home. He was about ten"

"I'm not really surprised," Barbra joined into the conversation.

Thundering foot Steps could be herd from upstairs. Most likely a panicking Percy looking for her sister.
A flash of black ran past the open door then yelling could be heard in the other room. "What the hades Todd! You can't just take a baby" "quite!" A whisper yell could be heard. "You'll wake her"

A sleepy dick Grayson walked passed, a confused look on his face. At this point Tim and Barbra were really trying hard not to laugh. But that one eye contact broke that.

"Hey Grayson" Jason's voice rang through the two rooms "I just to happen to find something, look" in a monotone voice came his response "you know that's creepy right?" "What did he find" Percy asked. "Nothing" Todd Said. Just as Barbra's, Tim's and Damien's phones went off. They opened the Image, "aww Grayson!" Barbra yelled through the house.

"What is it?" Percy asked. Walking through the door with a sleeping Estelle in her arms. Some how she had gotten the child away from Jason.
Barbra quickly switch group chats and found an old picture of Grayson when he was younger.
"Here" "dick you were so cute as a kid, what happened" Tim snorted into his drink.

Percy left about an hour later. Today, she was going to do it. She was going to tell Frederick chase his only daughter was dead.

Look I know this chapter seems pointless but really ist here to make the relationships stronger and for Bruce and Barbra meet her. At this point it does feel pointless and we are getting closer to the good things, but I don't want to push things and I don't really like how I forced Grayson to just instantly like her and that's my fault. I am also having problems with this book. My notes are kind of messy.

Word count 1445