Love?

Autumn gave a final wave good night before returning to the comfort of her blankets. Bucky went back to bed as well. His mind wandering to Autumn and how delicate her touch was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giggling woke the soldier from his sleep. He lay in the empty bed, a small smile pulling at his lips. He loved to hear his daughter laugh.

He got up, pulling on a sweater over his freshly opened scars. Grimacing at the thought of Autumn finding out who he was. As the scratchy wool hit his torso he remembered the warmth of her hand on his flawed skin.

Man, he loved that woman.

Did he just think that? Yes, he liked her, she was amazing with Joy, so kind and patient. He liked the way she moved, her voice, the way she smiled without a care, But the feeling of love had never been one he thought he could ever feel. To actually feel love for her not a longing to feel loved. He thought Hydra took that like they did everything else.

Autumn was in the living room smiling as Peter and Joy played Store. Joy's little arms were filled with anything she could find to give to Peter to "scan" with the remote to the tv.

"Beep, ok your tottle is 300 dollars." Peter smiled as he bagged her last perchance.

"Monies?" Joy questioned.

Peter let out a laugh "Yes, monies! If you don't have any you have to work at the store." He teased.

"Ok," the little girl ran over to the small table Peter was using as a check out and took the "scanner". Peter gave chuckle and got up from his spot in the floor. "Ok, I'm getting hungry. You wanna play restaurant next?" Peter asked as he sat next to
Autumn.

" I'll make you too some food then I have to head to the hospital." She said finishing up a email she was typing on her laptop.

"Thank you Miss Autumn," Peter said, then he glanced past Autumn to see Bucky walking down the stairs.
Bucky had an odd light smile on his lips. It was odd because Peter had never seen it before, he had thought the scowl was permanently tattooed on the man's face not allowing him to show happiness.

Bucky saw his daughter lining random things on a table grabing a shoe out of it's place next to the nail polish. She held a remote to it. "Beep".
Bucky bent down to ruffled Joys hair and gave her a kiss. "Morning Detka."

"Good morning daddy." She said and continued to pick items and make a beeping sound. She has a beautiful imagination, and Buck admired it.

Autumn smiled up at the soldier, his body covered in a comfy sweater unlike the night before. She wished he was not worried about showing his arm. Now that she had seen it there was nothing to hide.

His vibrant eyes staring at hers, small lines were in the corners showing happy feeling he was finally letting himself embrace.

Autumn got up and started making breakfast. Bucky sat down next to Peter. Buck's eyes never once leaving the woman in the kitchen.

Peter did not know much about the pair in front of him but it was obvious that Mr. Bucky was head over heels for Miss Autumn.