Metal meets Flesh

A/N First off I'm so sorry it has been so long since I updated, I'll try to get back to work on this story. Also, you all have been so supportive and I just love reading all your comments.
Thank you all for everything!
Hopefully, I can get back in the writing groove.
God bless ya!
Lexy D.

Peter woke up to someone talking.

"Is that my bedding?" Autumn said amusement in her voice.

Peter rubbed his face and sat up.

"Oh hey, your home. She was great. Everything went great." Peter spoke in a sleepy tone.

Bucky smiled at the boy, who was groggily trying to stand.

"Thank you for watching her. I'll just put her to bed and then I'll drive you, home kid." Buck picked up Joy.

She started to wake up hearing her daddy's voice.

"Daddy, can Peter stay the night?" Joy rubbed her eyes with her small fists.

Peter's heart broke at the little girl's plea. "I need to go home Joy, but I'll see you soon." He smiled.

Buck paused and thought for a moment. "Actually, I need to be back to work at 7:00 am, and if it's ok with your Aunt you could stay."

The young boy's face lit up. "Ok, I'll call and ask!"

After a short phone call to Aunt May, Peter said it was ok.

"Let's sleep in our house tonight Peter!" Joy said pulling him back into the fort.

"Detka, I think he would rather sleep on the pull-out bed." Her daddy laughed.

"It's ok Mr. Bucky I don't mind, it's actually really comfortable." The boy snuggled into the blankets.

****************************

Autumn was fast asleep in her bed. Her dreams taking her to far-off places until she heard a bang. Sitting up her eyes roamed around the dark room. Everything seemed fine.

"HELP! PLEASE! SOMEONE!" A man's voice screamed as if in pain.

Autumn jumped from her bed, her silk nightgown flying behind her.

Once she entered the hall she heard a heart-wrenching scream. It was coming from Bucky's room. The woman opened the door, too panicked to knock. There in the bed, Backy was fighting with the bedsheets his face scrunched, fresh tears running down his cheeks.
Autumn felt awful for the man, he must be having a terrifying dream.

She went to the side of the bed and started to whisper."Hey Bucky, wake up. You're fine."

Her hand lightly touched his shoulder.

He flinched and started to cry.

She was unsure what to do, he was in such a deep sleep.

He rolled over and a glimmer of metal caught her eye. She let out a gasp when the covers moved revealing his metal arm. There was blood on his bare chest where the silver appendage met flesh.

She froze. This was the Winter Soldier the man that killed thousands.

The man inhaled deeply as his eyes flew open.

Autumn back away terrified of the man before her.

Bucks' eyes met Autumn's fear-filled ones.

"Autumn, w..what are y..you doing here?" He stuttered out. He saw her eyes were glued to the red star. "I can explain." He said pulling the covers over himself, in a vain attempt to conceal what she has already seen.

"You're the Winter Soldier." She said under her breath averting his gaze.

"Yes, but I don't do that anymore." He said putting a hand to his chest his fingers covered in crimson blood.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

Bucky sighed. "I'm trying to give my daughter the best life possible.

Autumn felt sympathy for the man. "You're going to need some cream on that." She motioned to his chest abruptly changing the subject.

She turned to walk out of the room.

"You're not going to have us leave?" Buck asked.

"Not, unless you give me a reason to, I don't judge a person by their past."

Taken aback by the woman's words Bucky sat speechless.

"Come on, let's get you fixed up." Autumn motioned for the man that was once the Winter Soldier to follow her.