Little Book

Scarlett Witch left the room leaving the two alone.
Bucky sat Joy on the bed she let out a little yawned and rubbed her eyes. She laid down and patted the side of the bed that belonged to Buck. He playfully rolled his eyes and crawled into bed. He looked at her tracing her cheeks with his thumb. She stared at him love filled her big brown eyes "Do you remember me yet?" She smiles, he looked at her taking in her sweet face wishing he could place it in a memory. "Not yet Detka (baby) doll, but I'm going to try my hardest." He whispered.

She quickly fell asleep, he laid there for some time thinking. When he finally got up he went to his closet. Kneeling on the carpet, he unzipped his backpack and pulled out each journal, he flipped through there pages and prayed to God he would find something about Joy or Amy.
Each book loaded with his scribbles describing a small insignificant thing about his past.
Each page leaving him empty.
He sighed It's like I blocked her out. He thought shaking his head.
All twenty-seven book lay scattered on the closet floor he shook the bag and throw it, agents, the wall a small thud rang in his ear.
He grabbed the bag and unzipped a small zipper inside the bag. He pulled out a small book.
Swallowing hard he opened it.
Two little stick figures on the first-page one had a longer torso than the other and a red scribble on one arm. He flipped the page, each time he did there was a new picture featuring those two characters. He could not believe it this was a book of his past illustrated by his daughter! He looked at each page trying to read the story within the drawings.

Joy felt someone shaking her awake. Her daddy knelt at her bedside holding the little book. "Joy is this yours?" He asked. She caught sight of the book in his hand "My journal!" She said with a smile. Bucky saw her face light up as she turned each page.
"Could you?" He clears his throat "could you read it to me?"
She patted his side of the bed and he sat next to her she curled up in his lap. Opening the pages she started " Once upon a time. There were me and daddy." She pointed to each stick figure.
She turned the pages and in her own way read him the story of there time in hydra.
" what's happening there?" He pointed at the drawing of a house. It was unlike the square with lines through it that she would call 'home', obviously 'home' was the cell they lived in. This was a legit house. "That's the day we ran away from home and found a pretty house."
Buck listened as she explained that the "bad men" came and took them from the "pretty house" one night. He ran his fingers through her curls as she started to yawn again. He wished she was not getting tired he wanted to hear more.
"Are you sleepy?" He asked, the little girl gave him a weak smile and snuggled down in his chest. " I can read you more tomorrow." She said "I'd enjoy that" he kissed her forehead. The action shocked him, he opened his eyes to see her light up like a Christmas tree. " I love you, daddy." She said as she wrapped her little arms around his neck.
He held her rubbing her back as he felt a flood of emotions: happiness, happiness that he had someone to love and live for.
Sorrow, sorrow that she would never have her mother.
And rage, Rage that He was the man he hated he was the father that abandoned his baby girl in hydra.
" I love you too," Bucky whispered through his tears.