Moving

Natasha turned to see Buck looking out the window of the car.
"You're not serious about leaving the Avengers, Are you?" Nat said
"I need to be around to take care of her, She can't lose me and I can't leave her to go on missions." He spoke in a low tone not breaking his concentration on the passing cars.
They drove in silence until they got to the Tower.
Bucky picked up his sleeping daughter Natasha took the crate and they walked inside.
He put her on the couch and let the puppy out of the crate "Ok punk don't wreck anything!" He said as the pup toddled around the rug in the main living area.

Steve and Tony got out of the elevator "What. Is. That?" Tony questioned Bucky "what does it look like?" He said blankly " It looks like a squirrel is loose in the tower!" Joy heard the man yelling and started to stir. "Could you please stop yelling, she's tying sleep." Buck argued "THIS IS MY HOUSE ILL YELL IF I WANT!" Tony screamed. Joys head popped up she crawled off the couch and ran to her daddy. "Daddy, can I go play with the puppy?" "Yes, Detka go play" he smiled "No no no, kid this thing is not staying here!" Tony said, "but..." She started "No buts kid! Romanoff, you take that thing back." Bucky blood bowled "No Tony!" "No Barnes! You live in my tower with my rules!" The two men began to argue and scream. Joy started to feel tears build in her eyes and she started to whine. "Kid if you're going to cry go to your room!" Tony blurted out. Bucky grabbed Tony's shirt and picked him up by his collar "Don't you ever tell my daughter what to do." He growled as Tony looked at him unafraid and laughed
" You clearly don't have a handle on her." Bucky felt furious yanking Tony close to his face he screamed "You're not her father! I AM!" The truth rang in his ear. He dropped Stark, looking at his baby who was rubbing the tears from her eyes with her fists. "Come on Detka, let's go pack." He said taking his daughter's hand he looked back into Tony's eyes "I quit. We're leaving."

The two walked to the elevator and went to there room where Bucky packed up everything he had which was not much. "Daddy are we running away?" Joy asked calmly "Yes sweetie." He sighed as Joy had a hint of excitement in her eyes "Are we going back to the pretty house?" Buck held in a laugh "We will find an even prettier house." she smiled and picked up the little dog "Let's go daddy!"
They went downstairs Steve stood at the door "I'm sorry this happened." He said sadly. Buck gave him a reassuring smile "Don't be. I want us to live a normal life, the life she deserves." Joy gave Steve a hug "Come to see us in the pretty house. Ok?" "Ok kiddo" he smiled and handed Buck an envelope "Go buy the house. Ok?" Bucky opened the papped to reveal a hundred thousand dollars "I can't take this." "Yes, you can. Now go, be a family." Bucky smiled and hugged Steve "Thanks Punk." He said through tears letting go of his friend. "No problem Jerk."

Bucky and Joy got into the old Bug that Steve gave them. They waved to him as they drove out of sight. They drove late into the evening. Joy was starting to doze off in the back seat when she spotted it. The house she was waiting to find. It was small and cozy with a wrap around porch. "Daddy stop!" Buck slammed on the breaks "What? what? Did I hit something." He said in a panic "That's it! That's the house!" She squealed with glee. Buck looked at the house in front of them and shockingly there was a sign that read: " Room For Rent" on the front lawn. "Alright Dolly, it looks like you did find it!" He turned into the driveway.
B

ucky felt nervous as he unbuckled Joy and carried her up the steps to there door.

He felt a hesitation before knocking but pushing past his fears his metal fist tapped the wood door.

They waited Buck silently prayed they were doing the right thing.

When he heard a car door open behind them he turned with his daughter in his arms. A beautiful woman was stepping out of a car she was wearing scrubs and carrying groceries.
Bucky sat Joy on a swing on the porch.

"Ma'am can I give you a hand." Looking up from her bags. "I think I can manage. But I'm wondering why you are parked in my driveway?" She was looking at the dirty old beat up but then turned, their eyes met and Bucky felt his heart skip a beat. He nervously ran a hand through his thick hair. "I spotted your room for rent sign... Well, my daughter saw it and we... We really need somewhere to stay." He bit his lip waiting for a reply.
" Of course." She smiled glancing at the little girl swinging on the porch. "Have you two eaten yet?" She questioned. "No, ma'am." "Well come inside. I'm just about to start dinner. Hence the groceries" she laughs "we can eat and we can discuss the rent."Bucky grabbed some bags from the car and they walked up to the house.
She turned as she grabbed her keys their eyes met again this time in the light from the porch lamp hit her every feature. she was stunning, breathtaking Buck felt butterflies fill his stomach.
"My name is Autumn by the way" a shy smile crept across his face "I'm Bucky."