Job Offers

Bucky woke up to his cell phone blaring in his ear, it was  some annoying tune Sam had set. 

***I'm bringing Sexy back, yea!  Them other boys don't know to act.***

"... Hello." Buck's gruff voice answered.

"Ah yes is James there?" The man on the other end said.

"Speaking." He quickly tried to shake the sleepy tone from his voice.

The man on the other end continued. "I'm Walter Conner, calling  from NYC Sanitation Engineering Company. Well, I see here in your application that you are a hard worker, and you were in the army?" his voice left off with a question.

"Yes Sir." 

"And you were sent home because?"

"Wounded in battel, but it had made me no less of a worker." Buck quickly reassured him.

"You can still lift over 50 pounds?"

"Yes sir and much more then that." Buck started to see little Joy stir praying she would not wake up and interrupt.

"Can you come in an hour, I would like to discuss some work details with you, if your still interested."  Walter asked.

"Yes I can be there!" he quickly answered.

"See you then James." the phone call ended.

Buck jumped up from bed and rushed to his closet flinging clothes looking for something work appropriate .

"Daddy what are you doing?" Joy said rubbing her eyes.

"Detka, daddy has to go for a little, I'm going to call Uncle Steve to watch you." He said slipping a long-sleeved top on over his messy hair. running franticly over to the phone her tapped on Steve's name.

"Rogers."

"Hey punk, can you watch Joy for me I need you here in forty five minutes ." Buck said  as he scrubbed his teeth with his toothbrush.

"I would but I'm in Wakanda. Is everything ok?" 

"No, no it's not , I just got a call back from a job and I need to be there! Autumn is not home and I need someone to watch Joy." His said throwing his hands in the air then rubbing them on his face.

"No, dont worry I know someone who could help. He lives close and I'm sure he would not mind watching Joy." Steve assured him.

"I'm not letting Stark around my daughter again, he is awful with kids." Bucky blurted out,  thinking Steve way going to try to patch up their relationship.

"No , It's a new kid it will be fine send me your address and he will be there in time."

"Ok" Buck said unsure but rattled off the address and hung up the phone. Running back to the bathroom he put his hair in a bun unsure what to do and started to fix Joy up for the day. 

It was ten minutes to the hour when the doorbell rang.  Buck cascaded down the stairs and ran to the door.

"Hi thank yo....." Buck stopped taking in the sight in front of him. 

A lanky teen age boy stood there, his backpack slung over his shoulder and a chipper little smile on his face .

"Hi, Mr. Bucky I'm Peter."