Baby Dog

Bucky saw the wonder in Joy's eyes as she stared at the brown and black Yorkie puppy in the window of the pet shop. "What is it, Daddy?" She asked as the pup pawed at the glass "Its a baby dog, a puppy." Buck explained. She looked sad at it for a second "why is she here were is her daddy?" Buck gave her a smile "she is for sale somebody will buy her and take her home." She looked very upset at his words making Bucky kneel in front of her "Detka, the puppy will go to a good house with a good family" he said rubbing her arm "but what if she gets a bad home like us?" She cried and he then assured her that the dogs a new home was not going to be a cell.
As they started to walk away she looked at Bucky "how do you buy something? " she inquired her daddy laughter "you need money" he smiled "You have moneys " Joy asked with excitement "Well, I have Tony's moneys," Buck cracked himself up "but we are not getting a dog."
She looked back at the shop as she held her daddy's hand." bye bye Puppy" she said quietly. Buck stopped and looked into her eyes. She was not begging and screaming like some children, she's just wanted the Yorkie puppy to be in a good home.
"You like him, don't you?" He knelt on one knee. "She is fuzzy and cute." Joy replied Buck looked back at the winning pup, it was obviously a boy but how was she to know. "Well, Tony might kill me but, what's new." He smiled
The little girl smiled wide her eyes filled with wonder "Really?" She asked in awe. How could he ever say no to his baby girl? She was his weakness, his reason for being. A sudden realization hit him, this was the weakness hydra must have used against him. Of course, he would do what they said if she was in trouble! He would do anything for her! He would, and had killed for her!

The two walked back to the store and adopted the small pup and bought all they needed to take care of it, all on Tony's credit card.

By the time they left with all the bought Joy was sleepily rubbing her eyes. Bucky called Natasha to pick them up, conveniently leaving out the fact the were bringing back a new fuzzy family member.
They sat on the curb bags and boxes surrounded them, Joy was telling the pup about her life so far in Stark Tower, and how much the dog would love the Avengers. The black car pulled up a Bucky loaded in the items. Joy happily crawled in the back seat, setting the puppy in the crate next to her were they both curled up and fell asleep on their drive home.
Natasha looked back at the sleeping child and saw the dog crate. "Barnes, what did you do?" She exclamed. Bucky was sitting there front seat and innocently replied "What do you mean?" She said holding in her anger "Stark won't allow you to have a dog."
Bucky sighed "I know, but We are going to move out of the tower, and she needs a friend." Buck released what he had been thinking. "Im going to get a job, a house and raise my little girl."