Chapter 2

I sat at home, angrily looking at my parents carry all the stuff to my room. We didn't even need to move, they just wanted too. I sighed as they carried in a box that held the parts to my dresser.

"You gonna help honey?" Asked my dad.

I glared at him before turning away. "No thanks, I didn't want this to happen, I didn't even agree to this, remember."

My dad's shoulders sagged, but continued walking.

I let out a big moan and flopped onto the floor. "Nobody listens to me!" I shouted. I looked back up to seem my dad exit the house once more. I rolled my eyes. Yesterday was when I went to see Dipper and his weird sister Mabel, I wanted to go back, but when ever I spoke my parents just seemed to ignore me. Finally I got up and ran outside. "Dad, I'm going to see...uh, some people, be back later!" I called.

My dad waved his hand at me as he tried to dig a box out of the truck

I huffed, knowing he probably didn't hear me, and ran off. It wasn't long before I found it again, busy with tourists. I made sure to avoid the old man, Dipper claimed to be named Stan, and darted into the gift shop. I looked around. No sign of them. I remembered Dipper suggesting asking for help from the cashier. I walked up the red head. "Uh, hey, excuse me?" I said politely.

The cashier lowered her magazine. "Yah?"

I inferred she was close to sixteen by the way she was. I looked on her flannel jacket to see a tag that said WENDY. "Hi, Wendy, do you know where a kid named...Dipper is?" I asked.

Wendy looked around. "Last I saw him he was outside with Mabel looking for mysteries, why?"

I bit my tongue. "No reason really." I said. I ran back out quickly. "Thank you!" I shouted back before the door shut. While running I spotted the old man, Stan. I froze and walked slowly as I tried to blend into the crowd. I made it easily to the forest and searched for him. "I hope he doesn't think I'm some kinda creepy stalker." I whispered to myself as I pushed away some brush. I pulled back a branch, but my grip slipped an dit slapped my back on the other side. "Ow!" I cried. I covered my mouth as it echoed. Near by I could hear voices.

"Did you hear that?" Said a distant voice.

"Probably just a possum." Said a higher voice.

"Mabel, you think everything is a possum."

Dipper, Mabel! I thought happy. I climbed over a large fallen tree and jumped over a puddle. Through the trees I could see Mabel and Dipper scavenging the forest floor.

"I don't know where they went, they ran dry just like that." Dipper said.

Mabel shrugged. "Don't ask me, I didn't make those." She responded.

I walked up. "H-hey guys."

They both jumped, especially Dipper.

I saw him quickly shove the same book in his jacket.

"Eleanor!" Said Mabel excited. "Right?"

I nodded. "Yah, that's my name." I said as I stepped over plants to reach them.

"Oh, well, hi Ella." Dipper said.

"What you all doing all the way out here?" I asked them.

Mabel glanced at Dipper as if awaiting a que

Dipper shook his head slowly and Mabel sighed.

"We were just walking around 'cause we were bored." Explained Mabel.

I nodded as I eyed Dipper carefully. They were keeping a secret from me and I knew it. Well, I don't blame them, they just met me, but why lie. I thought. "Mind if I join you on your little scavenger hunt?"

Again they exchanged a glance.

Dipper answered this time. "Well...it's more just a walk."

I gave him a startled look. "Oh." I guess he thought I didn't see them hunting what ever it was.

Mabel grabbed my arm. "Of course you can join!"

I smiled brightly. "Great!"

Dipper frowned for a second before smiling. "Kay, let's get going." He said waving his arm.

"We don't need to rush, were not in any hurry to get anywhere specific." I told Dipper.

Dipper stalled. "Oh, uh, I know, just wanted to continue walking..."

I cut him some slack on his terrible lying. I did throw that comment right at him anyways. I shrugged and walked off.

Mabel suddenly grabbed my arm again. "Hey Dipper, you go ahead, we'll catch up."

Dipper turned around and studied us two before nodding and walking off again.

As soon as Dipper was out of earshot she spoke. "Hey, I think he likes you." She whispered jokingly in my ear.

I pulled away. "What the heck?" I said angrily as my face started to burn with embarrassment. "I-I barely even know him a-and he's just...there." I told her bluntly.

Mabel laughed. "Pft, come on, I know you kinda like him to, I'm the world's greatest match maker by the way!" She said loudly.

I gave an awkward smile. "U-uh, n...no." I stammered.

Mabel nudged me. "Hu? Hu? Am I right?"

I sighed, giving up. "Well, maybe a...little bit." I admitted.

Mabel jumped up and down in an elated fashion. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" She screamed.

"But don't tell the whole world!" I said waving my hands. More quietly I added. "And don't tell him."

Mabel stopped jumping and pretend to zip her lips shut. "I promise."

I looked her up and down before I shook her hand.

"You guys coming?!" Called Dipper from far away.

I jolted. "Yah! One sec!" I looked back at Mabel before we went off. "Not. A. Word." I said sternly.

Mabel nodded.

We both took off, but I didn't know if I could trust Mabel and how talkative she was.