Chapter 7

When I woke up, my head hurt so much. I leaned up, I could feel it throbbing. I put my hand up to it, but flinched at the contact. I quickly drew my hand back down to see my finger tip was gold. I gasped silently. "What...the?" I murmured. I touched it lightly and I winced at the soreness. I started to get up slowly when I heard footsteps racing towards me. "Oh gees!" I hissed. I scrambled behind a tree, but otherwise there wasn't any cover for me to hide in.

"Eleanor?!" Cried out two voices.

I stiffened. "Mabel, Dipper?" I whispered. I peeked around the tree to see them scouring the forest.

"I think she's over here!" Dipper called out to Mabel.

Mabel nodded and leapt over to him.

I hid back behind the tree. "Why do they want to see me? After what Dipper said?" I asked myself quietly. I took a small step, but slipped on the slippery leaves. I yelped as I fell down.

"She's over here!" Mabel said as she ran to me.

I sighed indignantly. "Why..." I muttered.

Dipper came up on the other side of me.

They both leaned down and pulled me up.

"Are you ok?" Asked Dipper in a panicky voice.

"Yah, are you ok?" Mabel asked me.

I spread my arms out so they would stop holding my arms. "I-I'm fine guys, you don't need to help me." I said tersely. I whipped my head to stare at Dipper angrily.

Dipper leaned back and looked down at the ground guiltily.

I suddenly burst. "Why did you even say that? Do you really think and see me that way?!" I showered Dipper with questions.

Dipper gave me a sad look. "I, uh, I don't know..." He looked away as tears started to form in his eyes. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or...well, I didn't want you to hear." He brought his gaze back up to mine. "I just didn't really see us being friends...so I was struggling to except hanging out with you." Dipper explained.

I scrunched up my nose. "Oh sure." I mumbled.

Dipper grabbed my hand.

I jerked in surprise as my face flushed.

Dipper didn't take his hand away, but his face was bright red with embarrassment. "Look, I'm really, truly, sorry. Please except my apology." His hand was sweaty and I could see his legs shaking.

My face flushed even more, knowing he was nervous around me. "Uh...I guess so." I said reluctantly. I wanted to keep holding his hand forever, but he drew it back and shuffled his feet on the ground.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Mabel smiling brightly and pumping her fists happily.

Dipper tapped my shoulder. "So...on that note...uh, what happened?" He asked.

Again, I became embarrassed. I only excepted the deal, because Bill said he would make Dipper like me. Is that why Dipper likes me right now? I wondered. Even though I had my doubts, I still believed that that wasn't the case. "Well, a strange triangle thing wanted to make a deal with me and...I sort of agreed to it..." I didn't dare give to much detail.

Dipper about fainted. "Triangle thing?!" He shouted.

I smiled awkwardly. "Uh...yah I guess."

"Oh my god." Dipper whispered in astonishment.

Mabel walked up to Dipper and put her hand on his shoulder. "This is bad." She told Dipper.

Dipper nodded and studied me. "What did he say he wanted?"

I covered my hand. "Ummm." I looked around. Should I tell him the truth? I looked back at him.

Dipper stared at me expectantly.

Yes...I should, I shouldn't lie to him. "Well, he asked for a..." I paused and closed my eyes. ", drop of my blood."

Dipper took three steps back. "Oh no!" He screamed, terrified.

"What's wrong with that?!" I asked.

"Bill is the most powerful dream demon in the entire universe who could wipe out human civilization if he got an advantage!" Mabel explained.

I narrowed my eyes. "You guys seem to know a lot about this guy. How's that?"

Dipper and Mabel both stared at each other.

Dipper sighed. "I can't tell you." I said finally.

I grew angry. "Why not?!"

"It's best you don't know." Mabel told me reluctantly.

I opened my mouth for a retort.

Dipper interrupted me. "Just follow us back to the shack so we can explain the things that you need to know."

I stomped my foot, but followed, knowing what he was going to tell me was going to be important.