Chapter 44

Dipper

"No! Eleanor I-" Beeeeeeep. The line went dead. I pulled the phone away from my ear. Call Ended.

I growled. "Ugh...she didn't even want to talk over the phone." I muttered.

Mabel let out a long sigh. "She said she couldn't talk...maybe Bill was making her?" Mabel suggested.

I shook my head angrily. "We can't always blame Bill and leave Eleanor in the clear. I'm tired of doing that for her."

Mabel looked away. "I would keep doing that."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing."

"No, I heard what you said, why? She betrayed us!" I said shocked.

Mabel met my eyes. "Yah, but I know that Eleanor wouldn't do this."

"She's able to make her own decisions, I know it wasn't all Bill." I said angrily.

Mabel let out a sad sigh. "We have to have some fate in her, right?"

"No. I can't. It's impossible. I won't."

Mabel looked down at the floor. "Maybe you could text her and say we have to meet in private and-"

"No! I don't want to talk to her after she just hung up on me!"

"Well, how about tomorrow, or the day after that. We can't just give up...a Dipper doesn't do that. Especially a Dipper Pines." She looked back up at me.

My anger started to evaporate. "I know...I'm sorry." I looked at the journal on my bed.

Mabel looked at it too. "You know, Eleanor doesn't even know about the journal. You never told her your secret."

I flinched. "Oh. Right."

Mabel looked up right at me. "So, don't get so angry about her secrets. Maybe she has a reason, just like us?"

I shrugged. "Maybe, but some are unnecessary." I grunted.

Mabel leaned up against me. "I'm gonna go to bed  bro bro." She got up and went to change into her pajamas.

I picked up my journal and stared at the six fingered hand with the three on it. "I guess I could continue helping you Eleanor." I whispered.

Mabel came back out, in her pajamas, and climbed into bed. "Good night Dipper."

I glanced out at the sky, the sun almost done setting. I looked back at Mabel who had closed her eyes. "Good night Mabel."