Chapter 17

Dipper

I decided to try to consult with Bill. I was extremely nervous to see him again, but I had to find out away to help Eleanor. Eleanor hadn't meant to get into so much trouble. Deep in the forest, I put down some candles in the form of a triangle. In the center I put a letter that read.

Bill:
I must ask you what the deal was and what has happened to Eleanor.
Please answer my summoning.
-Dipper

I lit the first two candles and stared at the last one. My hand shook. "Here goes nothing..." I brought the match down and lit the candle. A blue ray of light shot towards the sky and my eyes closed and I fell asleep.

*****

I woke up in some strange dream like landscape. Everything was black and white. Random objects floated around. I gathered all the courage I could muster. "Bill!" I called out. "Bill!"

Like the speed of light, Bill skidded to my side. "Well, Pine Tree, this is new."

I yelped and stumbled to the side. "Look here you evil demon, what did you-"

"I know what you want, I read your letter." He brought it up. His hand caught flame and it disintegrated. "You need to work on your hand writing." He informed me.

I was shaking. "Ok, if you know then tell me!" I said impatiently.

"Yeesh kid, you think I'd give you answers that easily." He stuck out his hand.

I swatted it away. "You think I'm that stupid to make a deal with you after all that's happened! I know not to deal with you."

Bill laughed and materialized behind me. "If you want answers so bad, this is the only route you got."

I swallowed a huge lump of fear. I could feel how sweaty my hands were.

"What? Nervous Pine Tree?" He queried.

I licked my dry lips. "N-no."

"Ha ha, you were right. You are a family of terrible liars."

"I know, but-" Then it hit me. "Wait...you've been watching me?!" My fear increased.

Bill's gaze turned mischievous.

I put my hands up to my head in panic. "Oh my god." I whispered hysterically.

Bill put out his hand again. "So, is it a deal?"

I stared down his hand. "What do you want?" I asked him reluctantly.

Bill tapped his chin (well, what ever you would consider his chin). "Hmm, let's see. A page from your journal."

My entire system shut down for a code red alert. "What?!" I screamed. "Are you serious?! I know you are gonna do something bad with it!"

Bill shrugged. "So. That's my part of the deal."

"Well, if you take a page, will I still have it?" I asked as I held the bulge where my journal was.

"I don't know, let's find out." He stuck his hand out confidently again.

"Ok. Ok. What page is it?"

Bill levitated the journal out of my jacket and it turned to color. He opened it and turned the pages with his magic. Bill's eye widened. "I found one." He said. He closed it and gave it back to me.

I snatched it out of the air and put it back in my jacket. "Which page?"

"Does it really matter?" Bill said.

I could tell he was getting impatient. "N-no...I guess."

"Kay, now it's a deal!" His hand lit up with fire.

I trembled. Just do it Dipper... I reached my hand out and shook his. I just hoped that wasn't the worst mistake I had ever made.