Chapter 45

After I had hung up on Dipper, I felt bad. He didn't know why I had just abandoned him like that over the phone. I had a strong feeling he was going to try again.

I walked home, with Bill floating by my side. I had gotten so used to him now, that he seemed just so regular so...human.

"So," Bill said, interrupting the silence. "Why'd you hang up on Pine Tree?"

I sighed. "It's Dipper, his name is Dipper." I answered curtly. "And, secondly, you know why. I'm not stupid."

Bill gave an awkward laugh. "Ha, yah..."

"He's gonna call or do something again, so, don't be hovering near by when it happens." I told him.

Bill dropped down and walked. He ignored my last comment. "It's getting dark."

"So. I'm already walking home." I looked up at Bill who had a concerned look on his face. Ooh... Bill needed a place to sleep. "Um...you can sneak in with your powers or something and just sleep under my bed." I suggested.

Bill's look became annoyed, but he agreed. "I guess that's the best we can do right now."

Soon we existed the forest and came to my house. "Ok, wait out here, I'll see if I can open my bedroom window."

Bill nodded, made his cane appear, then floated in the air as he leaned against it.

I opened the door and walked in.

"Hey honey." It was my dad.

"Hi dad." I said, trying to quickly get to my room.

"You want something to eat; there are some left overs."

"No thank you." Come on, let me go!

"Ok then, and honey,"

I turned to him, he was sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee. "Yah?"

"That Bob-Bill guy, I don't like him..."

I groaned inwardly. "He's actually nice...dad."

"He may seem to be, but he seemed like a trouble maker."

I ignored him and faked a big yawn. "I'm really tired. I'm going to bed. Night!" I ran into my room.

"O...k. Night." He said confused.

I closed my door and went to my window. I tried to open it. It wouldn't budge. I tried opening it at different angles. Still wouldn't open. I growled. "Bill!" I called with my face pressed against the window.

Bill appeared. "Yah?"

"Open the window." I whispered.

Bill used his magic to unlock it. He floated in and closed the window. "Your room is still so small." He commented.

"Well, get used to it. Now, I actually am tired so, good night."

Bill sighed angrily then looked at me confused. "Good...night ?"

"It's how you say...sweet dreams. A way to say good bye when you fall asleep." I explained awkwardly.

"Oh. Do you die when you sleep?"

"What?! No! It's a way to rest. Ok, so, go to bed." I got into my bed and closed my eyes.

I heard Bill move around close to where I was. I opened one eye.

He stood by me, not too close and gave a tiny strange smile. A real, kind, smile. "Well...good night. Sweet dreams."

Bill went to find a place to sleep.

As soon as I couldn't see him I smiled back and went to sleep.