Chapter 23

"Oh my god! What was I thinking?! Running away like that! He knows for sure something is up!" I cried solemnly out loud as I walked through the forest. I stopped and put my head against a tree as I tried to settle down. "No! No!" I pounded my fist against its trunk. "This will ruin everything, I've worked for! It'll all be a waste and I'll never see it happen!" I opened my tear drenched eyes and saw the world was black and white. I flinched as I felt a hand in my shoulder.

"I'm glad you are taking pride and interest into this project. You will see it work, and I-" Bill broke off. "Well, that doesn't matter."

I dropped somberly to the ground. "Oh Bill, this is harder than I thought it'd be." I murmured.

Bill floated down beside me. "Yes, the task is hard..."

"No...being friends with them. I want to be...but they are so special and I'm just-" I broke off as a sob caught in my throat.

Bill rose up and away from me. "Oh. So you want to be special?"

I didn't know how to answer that question in a way so it'd benefit me. "Uh...yah, I guess."

Bill folded his hands neatly together. "I guess it could be time."

"Time?" I echoed him.

Bill examined me with his one eye. "Ok, I got it." He floated down onto the ground so he could stand.

I hid my laughter when I realized how small he was.

"I wouldn't get scared if I were you, it's nothing drastic."

I stiffened in fear, but then thought. Is he being sympathetic with me?

Bill raised his arms and I floated up.

Fear started to build in my chest. "B-Bill, what are you doing?" As if a wind had started to blow, my hair started to wave. Zero gravity.

Bill's hands became engulfed in a gold light and a gold ring surrounded me. Not just any gold ring, it was the wheel that he showed me in the hologram.

"Bill?!" I shouted terrified.

A large bolt of light erupted between the ice-bag symbol and the question mark. All the symbols moved, making room for a new blank space.
(Tay Tay :3)
In that blank space an arrow appeared, just like the one on my clothing.

"Bill. What are you doing, what's that for?" I asked more sternly.

Bill lowered me back down. "There, I added you to the wheel as I promised." He floated up. "Now you are special."

Instead of feeling happy, I felt dread. "Bill, will this effect me in any way?" I asked him.

Bill shrugged. "I guess you'll find out." He snapped his fingers and I woke up by the tree. The memory of my mom asking about Bill came back to my mind. "Hopefully you never meet him mom." I told myself. I gathered myself together and continued my walk home. The house started to loom in front of me. This time, my parents weren't running back and forth, carrying boxes and unpacking stuff.

I jogged up to my dad who was sitting on the couch in the living room. "Dad?" I called.

No answer.

I came up to him to see him asleep. I laughed. "Dad!" I called louder.

My dad shot up. "Hu? What?"

"Why aren't you and mom...doin stuff?" I asked him.

My dad scratched his head and stretched. "We are finally done. Your mom is out shopping and tomorrow I'm going to my new job."

I nodded. I was tempted to ask him what was his job, but I didn't want to get a life lesson so I kept quiet.

My dad sat up and grabbed a newspaper from the coffee table, that they just set up. "Why don't you go back to your friends, got nothing to do here at the moment."

I licked my parched lips. "Uh, well, I-"

"Go on, or I'll find some chores for you to do while your here."

I huffed and stomped away. As soon as I was at the edge of the forest I stopped. "I can't go back 'cause Dipper and Mabel will shred me." I answered my dad, even though it was obvious that he couldn't here me. I stood by the trees thinking of the stuff I could possible do in this boring area.

Dipper

"Come on Mabel, I'm not gonna let her go. Let's find her, track her down an make her talk!" I had grown so impatient. Eleanor had done something so secret, so terrible, that she ran away. And was I gonna let her go? No!

Mabel shook her head. "Dipper, leave her alone." She tried to reason with me, but I was furious.

"No. I'm going wether you like it or not." I marched into the forest.

"Dipper..." Mabel called desperately.