Chapter 46

I woke up the next morning, feeling completely rested. I yawned and stretched and looked over at Mabel, who was still asleep. I groggily grabbed my phone and flipped it open to see the time. 6:33. I yawned again, but I wasn't able to fall asleep. I got up and put my vest and shoes on. I slid the journal inside my vest secretly and then held my phone up so I could look at it.

I looked back at Mabel. "Here goes nothing...again."

I walked outside and sat on a log, where it was peaceful and silent. I flipped my phone open and went to Eleanor's number so I could text her.

Hey, Eleanor, Mabel suggested texting you so...I was wondering if we could discuss this whole thing again, but you come to me...so you can't hang up.

I paused and reread the text. It sounded so stupid but it was all I had.

Send.

I flipped the phone closed and pulled out my journal. I recalled Mabel telling me I still had the journal as a secret from Eleanor. "Maybe I should show her." I closed the journal and shook my head. "No...it'll only make things worse." I suddenly sat up straighter. If I showed Eleanor the journal, I could tell her all of the horrible things he had done and I could show her the bad stuff recorded in the journal, all about Bill.

I smiled triumphantly and flipped through the journal so I could mark some important pages. I marked the one with the warning of Bill, I also marked the one with the wheel, the summoning with lots of warning labels. I paused as I felt a buzzing in my side.

It was Eleanor, calling me.

I took a deep breath and pressed the answer button. "Hello?"

"Dipper!" Eleanor's voice was hushed, but urgent. "I got your text, I'll-I'll come over."

I lowered my voice too. "O-ok, just, please talk and give me some explanations this time." I pleaded quietly.

There was a pause.

I waited.

"Ok. I'll meet you at the edge of the forest, then we need to go somewhere private." She ordered me sternly. "I don't want anyone, I repeat, anyone over hearing us."

I nodded. "Ok."

"Bye. See you soon." Beeeeeep.

She hung up.

I closed my phone. I was breathing hard. I would get answers, she would get answers as well. Everything would change after today.

I took the journal out once again. "It's time Eleanor knew about it..." I stared at the golden hand, trembling. "I-I can't believe I'm going to reveal my biggest secret..." The journal was such a huge part of my life.

I could almost bet that human-Bill was her other big secret. I got up from the stump and walked over to 'Eleanor's part of the forest'. I leaned against a tree, with my journal in my vest, and waited.