Chapter 21

Note: Soooo... I'm gonna be putting some of my personal art in the chapter pictures like the one above. I hope ya like them! :}

I knew the discovery about the wheel was big. Each symbol represented a person. Nine symbols, nine people. Bill said he'd add me so that would be ten. When I arrived home my parents still busily unpacked. I walked into the door way. "Hey mom, dad."

My mom stopped me as I walked in. "Hey hun, I know you've been down for a while and that you needed some lightening up so..." She pulled out a box. "It was for your birthday, I know it's ok June 12, but I want you to have it now."

I took the box. "Uh, thanks?" I said smiling. I started to unwrap it. It took the wrapping off and saw another box. On it, in gold print, it read Arrow Pastel. "Oh my god! I love this store!" Arrow Pastel was an artists dream store. (Yes, I am an artist) It had art based clothing, art supplies and other name brands. I opened the box. Inside of it was a dark red tank top with an arrow on it. Underneath it was a head band that was the exact same arrow. "Oh my gosh..thank you!" I said joyfully. I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm glad you like it." She said smiling brightly.

I nodded. "I'm going to go try it on." I ran inside and took off my dirty t-shirt and put on the new tank-top. I slipped on the headband and walked outside.

This time my dad was walking towards the house. "You look nice. Did you like the gift?"

I smiled. "I loved it."

My dad set down the box and hugged me. He whispered into my ear. "Hey, it's gonna be ok. We'll get through this. You'll get through this."

I sighed. "Ok." I said that even though I had my doubts with all this Gravity Falls secrecy and Bill...he was the biggest problem.

My dad picked his box up. "Can you help us unpack today?"

I moaned, but gave in. "Kay..." I went to the truck and into the trunk. I pulled out a large box and lumbered slowly back to the house and set it in the living room floor. I did this routine until sunset.

I yawned loudly. "I'm going to bed." I told them.

My parents both hugged me and I went into my room and lay down on the bed sleepily and rested.

*****

The next morning I woke up later than usual. It was nine o'clock. I fell of my bed in a panic. "Oh god!" I thumped on the floor. "I need to get to work! Bill...he might to do something since I haven't worked in a while!" I untangled myself and slipped on my boots.

My mom opened the door. "Whose Bill?" Her eyes shown with concern and what was that, Fear? Or did I just imagine that?

I put my left boot on slowly as I met her eyes. "U-uh...he's nobody...just somebody I met while walking in the forest..." At least that was true. I guess.

My mom seemed to examine me. "Am I able to meet this Bill?"

I my muscles all stiffened in voluntarily.

"Oooh, I would love to meet your mother."

I could here Bill's voice in my mind. My lip quivered in fear. "Um, no, I don't know where he is, it was just a one time thing." I informed her.

"What is he gonna do if you don't...do something?" She pressed.

She won't back off! "Oh nothing, just exaggerating to myself." My stomach churned with nervousness.

My mom didn't believe a word I said, I could tell. "Sure." She closed my door.

I bent over and screamed into my pillow. I was so scared. She doesn't believe me, she's gonna find out!" My heart pounded. I waved my hands in 'calm down' gestures. "It's ok, it's ok, just go to work. I put my headband on and opened the door to leave. As I walked out into the living room to the room to see my mom unpacking a lamp.

"So," she started.

I stopped mid walk. Inside I groaned angrily.

"What is this work I heard you talk about?" She questioned me.

My blood burned with anger. Just let it go women!!! "Can you stop questioning me?! I mean gosh, stop being a stalker!"

My mom raised her head and and looked at me surprised. "I'm just wondering what you are doing out there for very long hours?" She said innocently.

"Just, doing stuff." I breathed as I walked out. I slammed the door behind me and went down the porch and ran into the forest. My mom was questioning me for a reason, and I didn't know why.