Chapter 26

Dipper

I had to help Eleanor. Like I had said in the forest, Eleanor may be being forced to lie. But, who knowns really. I had to talk to Bill again. It had to. It was such a hug risk though. Bill always acted so strange and demonic. (cause he's a demon, duh)
I already summoned him before so I guessed just calling his name would do the trick. I went up to that empty room by the attic and made sure to hide my journal in my jacket. I didn't even think about it.

"Bill?!" I called. It was strange that I was the one calling him. Again! "Bill! I-I need to talk to you again!"

Bill heard me and entered my mind. "Well Pine Tree, we meet again. I'm quiet surprised you wanna mess with me."

I ignored his comments. "Eleanor has been lying to me Bill! And I'm pretty sure it's, because of you! Your forcing her to do something and making her lie about it!"

Bill just listened.

I growled then remembered the incident of Eleanor's disappearance. "And, I'm pretty sure you had something to do with her vanishing in the forest!"

Bill laughed. "Oh, you put up quite a chase for her. I know you like her. She likes you, you know. It's very funny what you two have."

My face burned. "T-that's none of your business!" I retorted.

Bill laughed again. "Oh Pine Tree, always so nervous and unsure. You get embarrassed so easily."

My face became bright red with embarrassment. "S-so." I muttered.

"You need to toughen up!" Bill exclaimed.

"I am tough!" I said offended.

Bill continued to laugh after everything I said as if I were a comedian. "Sure Pine Tree. I was just thinking, you get along with nobody 'cause you're so afraid."

I felt hurt at that comment. "What?! No, I have friends and-"

Bill cut me off. "Even back at your home, you have no friends."

My bottom lip quivered. "I just focus-"

"-on your studies." Bill interrupted again. "Yes, and if you go back this summer with that journal still intact, you'll be even more of a nobody than ever with your face buried it in all the time."

Bill's words stung and my eyes started to water.

It made me unsteady that he said if you go back. "You. You don't know anything."

"But I do Pine Tree. It's funny. You hate Eleanor, but you still wanna be with her. I bet if she ever leaves, you'll go back to Wendy."

I stopped breathing for a second. Was it true? Would I actually do that? "It's just there are some complications along the way with me and Eleanor." I told him. I didn't even realize how off track we had gotten.

"I think it's funny, Pine Tree, that you were the first one to lie to her needlessly, but you hate it when she lies. Seems hypocritical to me."

I couldn't speak. I was to busy thinking what Bill said was true. "I was protecting her from all the dangers of Gravity Falls." I murmured.

"Oh. She knows by now, but I guess I'll let her struggle with your lying as well as all the other stuff."

It sounded like he was trying to leave and only then I realized he hadn't answered my question, the real reason why I summoned him. "Wait! Bill! What are you making her do? A real answer this time. I gave you the page to my journal now time to actually tell me."

"If I did you wouldn't trust anybody and would hate her for eternity." Bill said simply.

I blinked. "What?"

Bill zoomed up to my face. "Your family is full of liars. If you found out the secrets your trust would be broken forever."

My breathing started to grow rapid. "That's not true. You're lying to me."

"Am I?"

I stare at him stunned.

"Bye for now!" Bill waved his hand.

"No! Answer me!" I screamed, but yet again, it was to late.

Note: Man, Bill was a jerk in this chapter wasn't he?! Dipper is obviously getting nowhere with Bill, but I hope you guys are enjoying the story! You are gonna love what I have planned! ;D
- Iseykitty 🐾