Chapter 11

Dipper

I went down stairs to go and watch some T.V. and noticed that Gruncle Stan was missing. I looked around. Today the shack wasn't open so he had no reason to be missing. I went into the living room over to Mabel. "Hey Mabel, have you seen Gruncle Stan? He doesn't appear to be in the house."

Mabel shook her head. "Nope. And who cares! He's always doing weird stuff, does it matter?"

I sighed. "No, just curious."

Mabel got up and I saw her walking away with a piece of paper in her hands.

My eyes widened. "Whats that?"

Mabel froze in walking position. She whipped around. "Oh, nothing, just a drawing, nothing secret that I wanted to keep away from you so you didn't take it away from me."

I raise an eyebrow at her. I quickly grabbed it. My eyes opened up wide. It was a drawing of me and Eleanor holding hands, smiling. Above it it read, DELEANOR. I threw it on the floor angrily. "Stop, what ever you said, shipping us!"

Mabel gave a guilty smile. "Sorry! You guys are irresistible! Inseparable! Just, adorable!"

My face started to burn. "Shut up Mabel. We are just friends."

Mabel flinched back, hurt. "Oooh. Friend-Zoned."

I crossed my arms. "Nothing has been 'zoned' Mabel, ok?"

Mabel rolled her eyes. "Do you wanna go on a mystery hunt?" She asked. "Since Eleanor isn't here?" She added bitterly.

I frowned at that last part, but agreed. I grabbed my journal and ran out into the forest. I felt happy, it had been a couple days since doing mystery hunts. I stopped once we were a little ways in the forest.

"Ok bro," started Mabel. "What do we want to look for?" She grabbed my journal.

"Hey!" I shouted in protest.

"Hm. Let's see." She opened it to a random page. Fairies, radioactive deer, nomes," she broke broke off. "Never again, nomes." She turned the pages. "Demon trees, possessed doors, ooh!" Mabel stopped on a page. "An Illusionist!"

I sighed. "That's like a magician, let me see that." I said exasperated. I grabbed the journal back. "The Illusionist, a tiny creature who can bend reality making you see it, and other things, in different appearances. The original form of this creature is unknown."

Mabel shook her arms in excitement. "Let's find this creature."

"Seriously? The true form of this creature it unknown we'd never be able to find it." I informed her.

"C' mom bro, let's go find an Illusionist!" She said spreading her arms in an arch shape.

I met her gaze annoyed. "No."

"Please! Look, the drawing for it is an adorable baby bunny!"

"Yah, but look at this page." I said pointing at the page next to it. There was a sketch of a dragon, the size of an alligator, with its jaws open and it teeth bared.

Mabel reared back. "Yikes."

I nodded. "So, I think we should stay away from that."

Mabel countered. "This will be fun! What happened to fearless Dipper?"

"He's still here, just 'Fearless Dipper' doesn't go looking for trouble."

Mabel whipped around and started walking back.

"Wait, Mabel! Where are you going?!"

"Well, it appears that we aren't doing any mystery hunting so..." She strutted off.

I ran after her. "Mabel, I'm sorry, can't we look for something less dangerous?"

Mabel ignored me.

I growled.

Mabel walked far enough that we existed the forest again.

"Come on Mabel, I'm sorry!"

She continue to ignore me.

I went to call Mabel when I saw someone running at us. "What the? Eleanor?"

Mabel seemed to notice to. "Why is she already back here? She literally just left."

I shrugged and hid my journal. "I don't know."

She ran up to us. "Dipper. Mabel. I need your help!"

I looked her up and down. "You seem fine." I said confused.

"Yah." Agreed Mabel.

Eleanor must have ran the entire way here, because she was breathing heavily. "No, you don't understand B-" Her hands unexpectedly flew up and covered her mouth. She tried to speak, but her words came out muffled.

"What? Remove your hands." I instructed her.

Her eyes widened and screamed something that just sounded something like. "Mhmphmhmhffmh."

"What?!?!" Shouted Mabel.

Her hands dropped down and she gasped for air. "You have to listen to me, He is controlling me so I ca-" Her legs were swept out from underneath her and she hit the ground. "Ow!"

I helped her up quickly. "What's going on? What's happening?"

She stumbled to her feet. "Listen. Bill he's-" Eleanor's lips clamped shut. She pointed at her mouth. "MhfMMM!"

"I-I don't know what your saying? Who's doing this?" I asked frantically.

"MHMH!"

"What?!"

"BILL!" She finally managed to get out. She took in deal gulps of air. "Bill..."

I exchanged a glance with Mabel. "We told you." Was all I could say.

Eleanor gave me a distressed look. "Help. Me."

"What exactly is he doing?" Mabel questioned.

She opened her mouth, but closed it. "I can't say."

Mabel and I grew frustrated.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I-I just can't. He won't let me." Small tears formed in her eyes.

I wanted to give her a hug, but I felt like that was pushing it and I defiantly didn't want to do it in front of Mabel. "Don't worry Eleanor, we'll find a way to help you." With all my bravery, I grabbed her hand. "I promise."