Chapter 38

I cannot tell you how mad I was at Bill. Stupid, stupid Bill. Why was he so upset and so irate about my close friendship with Dipper! Why did he want me to get Dipper to hate me? There was no reason, unless...no, that's probably not it.

I stomped home with Bill floating by my side. "Go away Bill." I scowled.

"No."

"Go away."

"No."

"My dad can't see you."

"No."

I whipped around. "BILL!" I screamed.

Bill smiled.

I wanted to punch him, kick him, do what ever i could to hurt him. But you can't really hurt a dream demon for real...right? "Bill, my dad will have a freak attack if he sees...you! You don't understand! You even look like a bad influence!"

"Well, your 'dad' will have to suck it up." He floated down and put his arm on my shoulder. "But, what about Pine Tree and that whole deal..." Bill looked straight at me. "How would he act to that?"

I shivered. "I, uh, I'm not going to tell him." I answered.

Bill's eyes, well eye, opened wide. "Oh. So you're going to lie to him."

I met his gaze challengingly. "No. I'm just not gonna bring it up."

Bill chuckled. "Hm, what's that?" He asked pointing past me.

I almost fell over. "Crap." It was my dad, pulling up in his truck. He's home early!!! Why?! "Bill, for once listen to me! Go and hide and when I'm done talking to him, I'm gonna come right back out. Ok?"

Bill laughed. "Arrow, you are funny."

My heart dropped.

"I need to meet this dad you speak of." He dropped down and began to walk towards my over- portective-hating-guy-friends-weird-not-gonna-like-Bill-at-all Dad.

"Bill, please! I'm begging you!"

Bill completely ignored me.

"Hello Arrow's father!" Bill called.

"No no no no no!" I whispered as my stomach filled up with fear.

My dad stpped out his truck, carrying his suit case."Arrow?" I heard my dad echo.

"NO NO!" I said a little louder. "Bill!" I shouted between clenched teeth.

Bill walked straight up to my dad, right infront of him. God, Bill was taller than my dad!

My dad stared at him confused. "Um, hello, who are you?"

Bill opened his mouth to speak before I yanked him back.

"Nobody dad, just carry on." I grunted.

Bill laughed gently and shook me off. "I'm Bill, Bill Cypher."

I drug my hands through my hair like it was nails on a chalk bored. Shut up! Shut up!

"Oh, well I am Jack, Eleanor's father." My dad introduced himself and gave me a quick you better have a good explanation for this lunatic look. "Um, how did you meet my daughter. Eleanor." He said tightly.

"Oh, she was down by that dirty old shack when I ran into her at the gift shop. She's very nice." Bill said as he flashed a smile at me.

Shut up! Shut UP!

"Oh...well, are you two...friends.

Daaaaad!!!!!

"Yes, we are. Right Ar- I mean, Eleanor?" Bill asked me.

I glared at him. "Yes." I said curtly.

My dad studied me so I perked up for the sake of not being interrogated by my stupid way-to-curious dad.

"Ok. Well...be careful Eleanor. Don't get into trouble, I-I have work to do." My dad said as he walked away slowly.

I smiled and waved as he closed the door.

He was gone.

I immediatly turned on Bill and swung a punch at him. My hand passed right through him. "You-you are so stupid! And arrogant and-"

Bill just laughed. "Oh Arrow, Jack is quite interesting. I'm glad I met him."

"Well I'm not! He does not like you! I can already tell!" I screamed.

"He'll eventually learn to love me." He murmured.

I growled. "Eventually is going to be longer than you think."

Bill laughed again. "I know this new town and new friends mean a lot to you." He started. "So I suggest you pipe down if you want to keep it." Bill warned ominiously.

I swallowed. Those 'plans' Bill had talked about, what seemed like forever ago, appeared to loom infront of me. I had to be careful now. Especially now.