Chapter 51

All I could see was swirling light as Bill took me to wherever. Suddenly the swirling light stopped and I saw familiar things. Pine-trees, grass and dirt...my house.

"Bill!" I screamed. "I am not going to kill anyone if you haven't noticed."

Bill shrugged. "Maybe I just took you here to say good bye to you parents."

I felt overwhelming sorrow swamp me. "Bill...you took me away from my parents...from my family..."

Bill didn't answer.

I quickly floated down and went to the front door. I went to grab the handle, but I just fell through and into the house. I looked up and saw in the kitchen, my dad. I zipped up and over to him. "Dad! Dad!" I cried.

He didn't hear me.

I began crying. "Dad! Please!" I went to grab him, but I passed straight through him.

My dad continued washing dishes.

I tried to think of a way, maybe a way to get into his mind and speak to him, he could help me. I put my hand to his head and closed my eyes. Dad?  I thought.

My hand suddenly left my dad's head and I opened my eyes and saw him looking around. He looked around the house. "Hello? Elly, was that you?" 

I smiled. He heard me. I put my hand to his head again. Dad...something has happened to me. Don't run, don't freak out...I'm just not going to be coming back...ever.

He stood stiff with fear. Elly? How...are you talking to me in my head...?

Dad...just listen, I'm never coming back...ok? Something has happened...It's Bill's fault... He's not who you think he is. He's not who I thought he was... Just tell mom I-I died or something. Don't try to find me... It's impossible.

I heard my dad crying. Elly, what has happened?

I can't really explain...but I'll try. Bill, he's a dream demon. I made a deal with him which was stupid and then he somehow became human and pretended to like me and be friends with me then he made me-    

I  broke off. A dream demon. I wanted to tell him, but it hurt so much.

What? He made you what?!

He made me one of them...he made me a dream demon. You have to believe me...dad. Dad he wants me to kill people! If I don't then I'll starve without any energy and I'll die! I don't know what to do!

I began sobbing.

Elly...don't kill people...please, find another way out of this mess.

I was about to speak when I was sucked into something. I opened my eyes and saw my dad. I was a giant white blank space. My dad felt himself and then looked up and saw me. Well, Bill version of me.

"Eleanor...what-what...why do you look like-" he broke off in realization.

"Yes, he made me a dream demon...I think I'm in your mind now." I ran up to him and hugged him.
"I'm sorry daddy." I pulled away and I saw my dad flinch. I only just then realized my teeth were, well, not normal teeth. They were pointed like a sharks. "Dad...I need help."

My dad looked at me. "I don't know what I can do..."

I floated over to him. "I know...he changed me. He made me dress like him, look like him and he wants me to act like him." While talking I felt my throat contract, like I was sick. I dropped to the ground. "D-dad..." My voice came out sounding weird. Was I hallucinating? The sourness and sick feeling suddenly disappeared. "What's going on?" I wondered allowed. I immediately went silent. My voice was still echoy...like Bill's.  "No God, no." I didn't even want to speak now.

"Dad, Bill must be near, I have to leave your mind, ok. I love you always. Bye daddy." I said heartbroken.

My dad hugged me quickly and I disappeared.

I was shot all the way out of the house and landed at Bill's feet.

"Smart." He said. "But not smart enough." He leaned down to my level. "Did you like my little voice touch?"

"My god...I hate you." I got to my feet, my voice still like his.

Bill smiled. "Do you want me to take you to your first victim?" He asked.

"NO!" I wanted to claw his eyes out.

"Fine, drink this, it'll cure you of your stubbornness." He held out a glass bottle with silver liquid in it.

"What?"

Bill rolled his eyes. "You won't be hungry.'

I took it desperately and took three swigs of it. Only when I finished did I realize that I just mistakenly trusted Bill. I looked up at him.

"Whoops, wrong bottle." He said.

Pain racked my stomach and I felt like I was dying. I couldn't hear or see anything. All I could think about was getting rid of this hunger.

"How about that first victim?" I heard Bill's faint voice.

I raised my head to his voice. First victim?

That sounded like a great idea.