Tournament

Izuku's first match was against Hitoshi Shinsou. He was the purple haired kid from Gen ed.

  "You're obviously Mask.." a voice said on Izuku's left.

  Izuku nodded to the boy.

  "You must be Shinsou." He signed.

  To Izuku's confusion, the other teenager just scowled and walked away.

  It took ten minutes for the arena to be set up, and Izuku was called down.

  "Good luck Mask!" Ochako cheered.

  Todoroki gave him a thumbs up alongside Izumi. The rest of class 1A gave him calls of "good luck" and "you've got this bro!".

  Izuku walked out of the tunnel, stepping up onto the concrete arena and walking halfway to the centre. Shinsou was directly opposite him,and Midnight was stood to the left of the arena.

  "Are you both ready?" The hero asked.

  Both students nodded.

  "Let the first match begin!" She said.

  "It must be great, being born with such a powerful quirk. You're born with a ticket straight to the top, you must feel so blessed." Shinsou said.

  Izuku just shook his head.

  "How do you think I got my prosthetic arm? You think someone 'blessed' gets messed up like this by his sister's friends?" Izuku signed.

  The white haired teen ran towards his opponent. Shinsou growled, throwing a punch towards Izuku. It was a terrible attack, and Izuku just stepped smartly forwards, grasping his opponents outstretched limb and swinging him over the boundary line.

  Shinsou sat staring at the floor angrily, even as Midnight announced the winner. Izuku tapped him on the shoulder, and pulled his collar aside.

  "It's difficult to talk, so I stick to Morse code and sign language. I figured out your quirk is response based, but it didn't make a difference. It was just a bad matchup." Izuku signed.

  Shinsou sighed, taking Izuku's offered hand.

  "I'm sorry for saying those things.. I was just desperate to get a response, and being an asshole is normally a good way to get one."

  Izuku huffed in amusement as he shook his new friend's hand.

  "How youthful!" Someone squealed.

  _______________

  Most of the next few matches were uneventful. Todoroki Vs Izumi lasted a while, but Telekinesis didn't do much against ice fused to the ground. She seemed to try and punch the oncoming glaciers at first, but hesitated every time and resorted to dodging.

  The final match of the first brackets angered Izuku. Bakugo Vs Ochako.

  The blonde boy ruthlessly blasted the brunette over and over again with unnecessarily powerful explosions. Izuku had been on the recieving end of that quirk his whole life, he knew the difference between a 'knockback blast' and a 'im trying to draw out your pain' explosion.

  The crowd began booing the blonde halfway through, but it didn't faze him in the least. Ochako revealed her secret strategy, which Izuku was incredibly impressed by, but it was blasted away in one move by Bakugo.

  The boy then proceeded to throw a second huge blast at the obviously defeated girl and throw her out of bounds and into the concrete wall, which cracked loudly.