One for All

Izuku and Izumi had decided to go with the same hero: Gran Torino. He'd sent them both offers, probably because they were (one formerly) his former student's children.

  Izumi chose him because her father recommended that she went.

  Izuku chose the retired pro because he was good enough to whip Ass Might into shape.

  The two teenagers got off the train and made their way past shops and offices, into the more residential part of the city.

  The address they had been given led them to a run down apartment building.

  There were cracks running up the walls, vines trailing down them, and a few of the windows were missing.

  "Are we in the right place..?" Izuku clicked.

  Izumi just shrugged.

  "This is where the address dad gave me leads." She said doubtfully.

  Izuku hopped up the steps and pushed the door open. There was a faint smell of.. ketchup?

  Izuku looked around the dark room, his gaze focusing on an elderly man on the floor covered in ketchup and raw sausages.

  "Sir.. are you okay? Why are you covered in ketchup?" Izuku asked.

  The man's head shot up.

  "I'm alive!" He said, a dopey grin on his face.

  Izuku nodded.

  "I can see that sir. Do you need help getting up?" Izuku choked.

  The man dressed in a bright yellow hero costume got up without aid, but stood on wobbily knees. It was a terrible act.

  "Toshinori?"

  Izuku frowned.

  "I'm going to warn you once Torino, don't use that man's name when you refer to me." He coughed out.

  Izumi had joined Izuku in the doorway, but had just watched the spectacle with a bemused smile.

  "Alright kid don't get yer boxers in a bunch, I was just messing with ya. Now, which one of you has it?" The (not) senile Gran Torino asked.

  Izuku frowned again.

  "Has what?" He signed. His throat was starting to hurt.

  The elderly hero looked exasperated.

  "One for All you clod. Who's got it?" He asked.

  Izuku's frown depened. He felt like something important had been kept from him. Izumi looked nervous.

  "What the hell is One for All?" Izuku asked with his aching throat.

  _________________

  Izuku was livid. He'd already figured out the answer, but he needed to hear Gran Torino say it.

  "What was Yagi's quirk before he was given One for All?"

  "He didn't have a quirk. He was quirkless." Torino said, a genuinely confused frown on his face.

  "So that man gave my sister a ticking time bomb of a quirk?" He asked, turning his gaze between the people already in the know.

  "Time bomb is taking it a l-" Izumi started.

  "Izumi." He clicked. "One for All gathers energy up to a limitless amount. Eventually not even the strongest body will be able to contain it. You say you break your bones when you use it? It'll break your bones just by being in your body soon. If you pass it on, that person will be killed. If they pass it on before that happens? Then the next person dies. Someone is going to die because of All Might's idiocy Izumi."

  _____________

  Izuku's phone buzzed in his pocket as he was sorting out his travel bag. He tucked in his metal middle three fingers and put his thumb to his ear, holding the metal pinkie finger over his mouth.

  "Hello?" He croaked.

  "Hey Izuku!" A melodic voice chirped.

  "Hey Ochako." Izuku responded quietly.

  "Are you okay Izuku?" She asked, worry clear in her voice.

  Izuku sighed.

  "Yeah. Just a crap load of crap has come to light today that I'm pretty irritated over. Sorry for being so gloomy. How has your first day been?" He asked quietly.

  Izuku could talk in a quiet murmur for quite a while now until he needed to stop. Anything more than a whisper made his throat start to ache.

  "It's been good!" Ochako said brightly. "You were right, Gunhead is awesome! He showed me around the agency and introduced me to his sidekicks. We're going to be practicing the Gunhead Martial Arts tomorrow!"

  Izuku smiled as he listened to his girlfriend ramble. He wasn't able to respond much, but she filled the silence with whatever came to her mind.

  "Alright you two, we've got some sparring to do!" Torino shouted from downstairs.

  Ochako giggled.

  "I'll talk to you later. Sounds like your mentor is getting bored!" She said.

  Izuku huffed in amusement.

  "Probably. Talk to you later Ochako."

  "Later Izuku! Love you!"

  The call was cut off before he could reply.

  "Ohmygodshesaidshelovedmewhatdoidowasitooslowshouldihavesaiditfirst" he clicked up a storm, his face crimson beneath the dark green mask.

  "Oi! Where are you boy?" Torino called again.

  Izuku left his room and stepped downstairs, joining the other two in the main room.

  "Sorry. I was on the phone." He signed.

  The pro sighed, rolling his eyes. Izumi giggled, hiding her grin behind her hand.

  "Were you talking to your girlfriend~?" She asked.

  Izuku just nodded, making his sister freeze in shock.

  "Wait, really?? When did that happen?" She asked.

  "Two weeks ago." He responded blankly.

  Gran Torino coughed.

  "That's all well and good, but you two need to start your training. Yagi, you're on quirk control! I want you using One for All properly by the end of the week! Mask, you're working on making structures through your costume and metal arm." He said.

  The siblings nodded in unison, determination burning in their eyes.