Interlude: Confession

Izuku opened his bedside drawer and put his mask inside. He took out his half mask and put it on over his mouth.

  Ochako had gone back to her apartment to change clothes, while Izuku wanted to get his other mask.

  Izuku headed downstairs and locked the front door as he left. Revenge on Dadzawa: Part 1. He always forgets his key.

  Izuku left UA's grounds and down the street, heading towards Ochako's apartment nearby.

  Ochako was standing just outside the short building. She was wearing a light blue sundress without sleeves. The hem of the dress was frilly, and reached just below her knees.

  She waved as Izuku walked over, a bright smile on her face.

  "Are you ready to go?" Izuku asked quietly.

  Ochako just nodded, linking her arm with Izuku's metal one. The green half mask kept most of Izuku's red face hidden.

  They walked in a comfortable silence to the same cafe they came to weeks ago, taking the same table beside the wall and looking over their options.

  Izuku ordered coffee, while Ochako got a milkshake. They both ordered a plate of mochi, but in different flavours.

  Ochako had strawberry, and Izuku got chocolate.

  Izuku pulled his mask off and set it onto the small table. He picked up a piece of his food and popped it into his mouth and into his left cheek.

  The two teens talked as they ate, their smiles growing wider as their time passed too quickly.

  "Do you want to try some of mine?" Ochako asked after a few minutes.

  Izuku nodded, and offered his own plate out to her.

  The brunette giggled, picking up a strawberry mochi and holding it up to Izuku.

  The white haired boy blushed, but leaned forwards and bit into the sweet.

  Izuku offered one of his own to the brunette, who accepted with a beautiful smile.

  Once they had finished eating Izuku paid for the food and drinks, then left the cafe arm in arm with Ochako.

  It didn't take them long to get back to Ochako's small apartment building. They could see it further down the road as they walked, still linked by their arms.

  "Thank you." Izuku clicked quietly.

  "What for?" Ochako asked quizzically.

  "The rest of today was.. terrible. Going out to the cafe with you made me feel better, so thank you."

  The brunette gave him a small smile.

  "Well, I'm glad you feel better. I love going out around Musutafu with you, so if you want to go again sometime soon I wouldn't say no."

  Izuku huffed, his green eyes narrowing into a soft smile.

  "Thanks Ochako. I will definitely think about it." he clicked.

  Ochako hugged Izuku closer as they reached the front of the building. Izuku returned the half hug with his free arm.

  They stood there for another moment before separating.

  "See you tomorrow Izuku." She said, turning to walk up the steps.

  "Ochako!" Izuku's hoarse voice blurted.

  The brunette turned back to Izuku in time to be wrapped up in a tight embrace, a soft pressure on her lips.

  Ochako melted into the kiss, wrapping her arms around Izuku.

  The white haired boy pulled back, a deep blush spreading across his face.

  "Ochako.. I.. like you. A lot." He said quietly.

  An identical blush was present on the brunettes face.

  "I like you too Izuku.." Ochako said. "I've liked you ever since the entrance exams.."

  "Do you want to.. become a couple?" Izuku croaked nervously.

  Ochako leaned forwards and kissed him again, ignoring the jagged unconformity on one side of his mouth.

  "Is that a good enough answer?" She asked breathlessly.

  Izuku just nodded wordlessly.

  The couple stood unmoving for a few minutes, each enjoying the prolonged embrace.

  Eventually they both let go, and Ochako waved as she walked through the buildings main doorway.

  "See you tomorrow Izuku!" She called.

  Izuku smiled, waving slowly in return.