Ablaze

Izuku looked over at Izumi worriedly as she rubbed absentmindedly at her arms, wincing every so often. They were sitting at the dinner table after another hard day of hell training. Either she'd pushed herself too far, or...

  "Hey, Zumi." Izuku said gently. "Is it hurting you?"

  Izumi looked up from her rice, then back down to her arm.

  "...yeah." she eventually replied.

  Izuku's metal fist squeaked in protest as he clenched it too tightly.

  "Give it to me." He said.

  His sister looked up sharply at that.

  "No." She said. "I won't burden you with this. I don't want you to be hurt, or even die because of the result of my actions. I can bear it."

  Izuku sighed through his nose, slipping his mask back on.

  "Alright. But if it starts to hurt you, really hurt you, then give it to me. Our muscular structures are different, I'll be able to handle it for longer than you can. Please Zumi." He said.

  Izumi nodded, putting her own bowl away.

  "Ok. But it's only a dull ache at the moment, I can handle it."

  The siblings joined the rest of the first year hero course students before the Wild Wild Pussycats. Mina and Toru waved as they approached.

  "Alright kittens! You've all been working really hard, so we thought you could do with some fun! That's why you'll be taking part in a trial of courage!!" Pixie Bob said.

  Mina cheered alongside Kirishima, who was saying how 'Manly' tests of courage were.

  Aizawa ended the cheers by lashing out with his capture weapon.

  "Mina, Kirishima, Kaminari, Sato, Sero. You five come with me. You didn't, or barely, passed your exams. You'll be taking remidial classes with me.

  The five students were dragged away by the grumpy teacher, leaving class A and B in slight shock. Monoma was also missing, probably already at the remidial building.

  "Alright, class B will be the scarers first! You guys go and set up in the forest, class A will be put into pairs and enter the forest one pair at a time!" Pixie Bob continued.

  Izuku was paired with Iida, and was one of the last pairs supposed to enter the forest.

  4 pairs had already entered the forest when smoke began drifting into the air from the distant trees. Bright blue flames became visible a few seconds later, making the students shift uncertainly.

  A pair of villains emerged from the trees. A lizard like man dressed in a very familiar getup, and a large person wielding a comically large steel beam.

  "Villains! Get back!" Mandalay said, putting herself between the villains and the students.

  "All of you, return to the lodge! We will handle this." Tiger said.

  Iida nodded, gesturing to his classmates.

  "Come on everyone, quickly!"

  Izuku's eyes widened, and he turned back to Mandalay.

  "Mandalay!" He shouted. "I know where he is!!"

  Iida turned around.

  "Mask, what are you doing? Come on!"

  At Mandalay's hesitant nod Izuku sprinted for the trees, dodging branches and leaping over roots, the shouts growing distant behind him.

  Izuku raced up the rocky path, getting on top of the cliff just in time to see a hulking man pull his fist back over Kota.

  The masked boy stomped on the ground, sending a rocky tendril up and around the Villain's arm, holding it in place. The ground beneath Kota shifted, sliding around the villain and towards Izuku.

  "Huh? What's this, another plaything?" The man said, wrenching his arm free.

  Izuku picked up Kota, his eyes glinting dangerously behind the mask.

  "Oh, you're one of the kids the boss wants! He really hates you ya know!"

  Izuku frowned.

  "You work for the League?" He asked.

  The large man just chuckled.

  "I work for me kid. They just want to ruin my fun! They want you alive, but that's no fun to me!"

  Izuku stomped as the man tore off the cloak, binding his limbs and torso in rock, turning it to reinforced steel, then shifting it over so the man was on his back, fusing the metal to the stone.

  "Muscular. Your quirk augments your muscles so much they escape your skin. So long as there's no room to augment them, you won't be able to get strong enough to bend steel. This is the perfect trap for you. I'll send the heroes for you later."

  Izuku turned and left the bellowing murderer behind, carrying Kouta through the trees towards the lodge.

  He ran into Dadzawa halfway, sighs of relief coming from both parent and teenager.

  "Take Kota, I have to speak to Mandalay!" Izuku said.

  Aizawa grabbed his son's arm.

  "Wait. Give her a message from me."

______________________

  Izuku ran into the clearing, every footstep making the ground at the Villain's feet shift, sending them off balance.

  "Mandalay! Kota is safe! I have a message from Dad!"

  The brunette looked over at the approaching student, her expression one of relief, and thanks.

  "What is it?" She asked as Tiger finished off the villains.

  "Class 1A and 1B have permission to fight back with their quirks under the authority of Eraserhead! Also, the league of villains are after one or more of the students! I don't know who, or how many. Please let them know to be careful!"

  Mandalay nodded, using her quirk to relay the message to all of the students.

  Izuku was running through the trees again, searching for his classmates. He followed the path, quickly coming across Ochako, Izumi and a blonde girl he didn't know.

  Izuku stomped on the ground, sending a pillar of rock towards the girl, forcing her to get off of Ochako.

  "Ochako, Izumi, are you both okay?" He asked.

  Both teens backed away from the girl, who was staring at Izuku with an unreadable expression.

  "Who are you?" Izuku asked.

  The girl smiled, revealing long vampiric canines.

  "I'm Himiko Toga, it's so nice to meet you! Mr boss man doesn't like you... Which means I do! You're Izuku right?" She asked. "Why don't you take of that mask, I'm sure you look amazing~"

  Izuku's foot twisted, sending another pillar of rock towards Toga. The villain pouted.

  "Oh well. Maybe next time Izuku! Bye bye~!"

  With that, Toga vanished into the trees.

  Izuku turned to Ochako and Izumi.

  "Are you both alright?" He asked.

  Izumi nodded, while Ochako beamed at him.

  "We are now! What's the plan Izuku?" She asked.

  "Find our classmates, prevent the villains from getting what they want."

  Both girls nodded determinedly, following the boy deeper into the forest.