The missing wolf

DAENERYS mingles during an elegant garden party. The Lone wolf did not attend as he is still asleep but he is still lingering in Danyeras thoughts as he he will leave to help bring the north secretly into the fold he hasn't been updated by Varys  in a while o the situation in westors last he heard his father due some convincing turned down the offer to be hand of the king and sansa hand was offered to Joffrey.

WOMAN: And you must visit the night market. The Qartheen night market is like no night market you've ever seen.

DAENERYS: It sounds wonderful.

WOMAN: The Meereenis think they have a night market. I will take you there myself.

DAENERYS: Please excuse me for a moment.

DAENERYS joins SER JORAH MORMONT, who is speaking with two Dothraki.

JORAH: (speaks Dothraki)

DAENERYS: What are they doing?

JORAH: Malakko says the statue is too heavy to carry. Kovarro says that Malakko is an idiot. They can pry out the gems, the rest is pure gold. Very soft. He can chop off as much as we can carry.

KOVARRO: (Dothraki) Or melt it. Very simple.

DAENERYS: (Dothraki) We are his guests! You can't pry it or chop it or melt it.

KOVARRO: (Dothraki) Of course not, Khaleesi! We will wait until we leave.

DAENERYS: (Dothraki) Not even when we leave.

KOVARRO: (Dothraki) Why not?

DAENERYS: (Dothraki) Our host saved us from the Red Waste and you want to steal from him? I will hear no more.

KOVARRO and MALAKKO exit. KOVARRO steals a goblet along the way.

JORAH: It's not the only thing. They're quite good at killing the better men.

DAENERYS: That's not the kind of queen I'm going to be.

PYATT PREE approaches them and bows.

PYATT PREE: Mother of Dragons. On behalf of the warlocks of Qarth, I welcome you. A demonstration?

PYATT PREE offers his hand and DAENERYS takes it. He places a gem in her palm.

PYATT PREE: Take this gem. Look at it. Into its depths. So many facets. Look closely enough and you can see yourself in them. Often more than once.

PYATT PREE looks over his shoulder to his own doppelganger, who stands motionless. The crowd gasps.

PYATT PREE: Should you grow tired of Xaro's baubles and trinkets, it would be an honor to host you at the House of the Undying. You are always welcome, Mother of Dragons.

PYATT PREE and his twin both leave. The crowd applauds at the illusion. XARO comes to DAENERYS's side from the crowd.

XARO: My apologies. Pyatt Pree is one of the Thirteen. It was customary for me to extend him an invitation. Customs die slow deaths in Qarth.

DAENERYS: What is the House of the Undying?

XARO: It is where the warlocks go to squint at dusty books and drink shade of the evening. It turns their lips blue and their minds soft. So soft, they actually believe their parlor tricks are magic.

XARO leads DAENERYS away, leaving JORAH behind. QUAITHE, a masked woman, talks to JORAH.

QUAITHE: You watch over her.

QUAITHE: I'm no one. But she is the Mother of Dragons. She needs true protectors, now more than ever. They shall come day and night to see the wonder born into the world again. And when they see, they shall lust, for dragons are fire made flesh. And fire is power.

QUAITHE leaves.

XARO: So, tell me, how long has your manservant been in love with you?

DAENERYS: He's not my manservant and he's not in love with me. He's my advisor and he's my friend.

XARO: Unlikely. I can almost always tell what a man wants.

DAENERYS: And what about what a woman wants?

XARO: Much more complicated. You, for example, what do you want?

DAENERYS: To cross the Narrow Sea and take back the Iron Throne.

XARO: Why?

DAENERYS: Because I promised my khalasar I'd protect them and find them a safe home.

XARO: You want to conquer the Seven Kingdoms for the Dothraki?

DAENERYS: I want them because they're mine by right. The Iron Throne is mine and I will take it.

XARO: Ah, a conqueror.

DAENERYS: And how did you get all of this? Did someone give it to you?

XARO: No. I come from nothing. I hit the docks like a piece of cargo, except someone normally cares what happens to cargo.

DAENERYS: So you wanted more than you had and you took it. You're a conqueror, too. You're just less ambitious.

XARO: (chuckles)

DAENERYS: What do you want, Xaro Xhoan Daxos? At the gates of the city, you bled for me. Why?

XARO: I will show you why.

He leads her away.

INT. XARO'S VAULT.

XARO strikes the door of the vault with a sword.

XARO: The door and the vault is made of Valyrian stone. The hardest steel does not make a mark. I offered the greatest locksmiths in Qarth their weight in gold if they could break into it. I made the same offer to the greatest thieves. They all went home empty-handed. The only thing that can open this door is this key.

DAENERYS: And behind the door?

XARO: (chuckles)

DAENERYS: And it can all be mine?

XARO: All? Let us say half. More than enough to buy horses, ships, armies. Enough to go home.

DAENERYS: All I have to do?

XARO: Is marry me.

DAENERYS: That was a romantic proposal.

XARO: I've already married once for love, but the gods stole her from me. I come from nothing. My mother and father never owned a pair of shoes. But marry me, and I will give you the Seven Kingdoms and our children will be princes and princesses.

DAENERYS thinks about his proposition.

XARO: See? I have more ambition than you thought. The time is right, Daenerys Targaryen, First of Your Name. Robert Baratheon is dead.

INT. QARTH, DAENERYS'S CHAMBERS

DAENERYS: The Seven Kingdoms are at war with one another. Four false kings destroying the country.