Dragonstone

THE TWINS - BANQUET HALL

The Freys are all gathered in the hall. WALDER FREY sits at the high table. WALDER slams his cup down on the table twice. The room grows silent. WALDER stands.

WALDER FREY: You're wonder why I brought you all here. After all, we just had a feast. Since when does old Walder give us two feasts in a single fortnight?

The Freys laugh.

WALDER FREY: Well, it's no good being lord of the Riverlands if you can't celebrate with your family. That's what I say!

The Freys cheer and slam their fists on their tables. WALDER snaps his fingers at a servant girl. The girl begins serving flasks of wine.

WALDER FREY: I've gathered every Frey who means a damn thing so I can tell you my plans for this great house now that winter has come. But first, a toast! No more of that Dornish horse piss! This is the finest Arbor gold! Proper wine for proper heroes!

The Freys cheer. WALDER raises his glass.

WALDERY FREY: Stand together!

The Freys stand in unison.

ALL: Stand together!

The Freys drink. WALDER holds his cup to his lips but does not drink. The picks up her cup and motions to drink.

WALDER: Not you. I'm not wasting good wine on a damn woman.

WALDER addresses the hall again.

WALDER: Maybe I'm not the most pleasant man. I'll admit it. But I'm proud of you lot. You're my family, the men who helped me slaughter the Starks at the Red Wedding.The Freys cheer.

WALDER: Yes, yes. Cheer. Brave men, all of you. Butchered a woman pregnant with her babe. Cut the throat of a mother of five. Slaughtered your guests after inviting them into your home. But you didn't slaughter every one of the Starks.

Some of the Freys groan.

WALDER: No, no, that was your mistake. You should have ripped them all out, root and stem.

The Freys choke, cough, and spit up blood.

WALDER: Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe.

The Freys collapse and die. WALDER takes hold of his own face and removes it, revealing ARYA's face. ARYA turns to the .

ARYA: When people ask you what happened here, tell them the North remembers. Tell them winter came for House Frey.

ARYA walks through the hall, staring at the Frey bodies. She smiles and exits.

Robb stands at the high table. Talisa, SANSA and DAVOS and his brother Jon and Y/N sit at his sides. BRIENNE, PODRIC, TORMUND, PETYR BAELISH, YOHN ROYCE, LYANNA MORMONT, ROBETT GLOVER, and the lords of the northern houses are in attendance.

JON: I want every northern maester to scour their records for any mention of dragonglass. Dragonglass kills white walkers. It's more valuable to us now than gold. We need to find it, we need to mine it, we need to make weapons from it. Everyone aged 10 to 60 will drill daily with spears, pikes, bow and arrow. 

ROBETT: It's about time we taught these boys of summer how to fight.

The northern lords laugh.

Y/N Stark: Not just the boys.

BRIENNE looks at the now black wolf

JON: We can't defend the North if only half the population is fighting.

ROBETT stands.

ROBETT: You expect me to put a spear in my granddaughter's hand?

LYANNA stands.

LYANNA: I don't plan on knitting by the fire while men fight for me. I might be small, Lord Glover, and I might be a girl, but I am every bit as much a Northerner as you.

ROBETT: Indeed you are, my lady. No one has questioned--

LYANNA: And I don't need your permission to defend the North.

DAVOS smiles. LYANNA turns to the Black wolf.

LYANNA: We'll begin training every man, woman, boy, and girl on Bear Island.

The men pound their tables and shout in agreement. ROBETT nods at LYANNA. ROBETT and LYANNA sit.

JON: While we're preparing for attack, we need to shore up our defenses. The only thing standing between us and the Army of the Dead is the Wall and the Wall hasn't been properly manned in centuries. I'm not the king of the Free Folk.

JON looks at TORMUND. TORMUND turns and looks at JON.

JON: But if we're going to survive this winter together...

TORMUND grunts and stands.

TORMUND: You want us to man the castles for you?

The men murmur.

JON: Last time we saw the Night King was at Hardhome. The closest castle to Hardhome is Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.

TORMUND: Then that's where I'll go. Looks like we're the Night's Watch now.

TORMUND sits.

Robb: If they breach the wall, the first two castles in their path are Last Hearth and Karhold.

YOHN stands.

YOHN: The Umbers and the Karstarks betrayed the North. Their castles should be torn down with not a stone left standing.

SANSA: The castles committed no crimes. And we need every fortress we have for the war to come. We should give the Last Hearth and Karhold to new families, loyal families who supported us against Ramsay.

ALL: Aye!

YOHN sits.

Robb: The Umbers and the Karstarks have fought beside the Starks for centuries. They've kept faith for generation after generation.