The long Night-P1

SAM, still shivering, walks through the dark passageway, passing many northern soldiers. He emerges in the courtyard, which is full of activity in spite of the darkness. Men chatter as they prepare. SAM stops short, cut off by Unsullied warriors, marching double time.

NORTHMAN: Look, on the west wall!

SOLDIER: Get down to the crypt!

A baby cries somewhere in the courtyard. SAM looks, then nervously changes direction.

SOLDIER: Just hold.

MAN: We'll take him.

LYANNA MORMONT appears behind him, directing her men.

LYANNA: Come on, help the lads!

SOLDIER 1: Yes, my lady.

LYANNA: Quickly, now! Quickly! Get those in position.

SOLDIER 1: Come on.

SOLDIER 2: Close the gate!

SAM walks past TYRION, then exits.

SOLDIER 3: That's it.

TYRION walks somberly through the busy courtyard. He picks up a bag and slings it over his shoulder. BRAN rolls by, pushed by THEON and accompanied by ALYS KARSTARK and some northern soldiers. They walk through the courtyard on their way to the godswood.

CUT TO: THE RAMPARTS

Warmed by their fires, men stand in anticipation, eyes scanning the darkness. DAVOS delivers a bucket of arrows. SANSA and ARYA stare into the darkness. SANSA looks worried. Her eyes turn upwards in response to DROGON's screech. DROGON and RHAEGAL fly overhead.

CUT TO: OUTSIDE THE WALLS

A company of Unsullied warriors double march to join the formation. The entire Unsullied company stands at attention in disciplined rows and columns. Ahead of them stands a line of catapults, with stones and braziers by their sides. In front of the siege weapons, the entire Dothraki horde is mounted and waiting, swords drawn.

The Northmen also stand at the ready, fronted by JAIME and BRIENNE. GREY WORM stands in command of the Unsullied. TORMUND and BERIC helm the motley wilding force. The HOUND and GENDRY push their way to the front to join them and EDDISON TOLLETT. A nervous SAM arrives. jostling EDD.

EDD: Oh, for fuck's sake. You took your time.

Horses snort and whinny. A mounted JORAH and Y/N Stark wait, seasoned and determined, yet also nervous. GHOST and Fenrir stand nearby. The wind blows and the darkness reveals nothing. But yet Y/N Stark can feel her presence he knows she near he holds on to the thought that he will survive and become the father of a beautiful child.

CUT TO: A NEARBY MOUNTAINTOP

JON walks by DROGON and RHAEGAL. They growl. He joins DAENERYS to survey the great army that waits before Winterfell. The moon shines through the clouds above. and Jon looks down to see Y/N Stark and Ser Jorah and thinks more he think Danyeras should take the throne regardless.

CUT TO: THE RAMPARTS

ARYA and SANSA look out. The wind whistles. A lone rider approaches slowly amidst the darkness, catching the eye of DAVOS. He strains to see.

CUT TO: OUTSIDE THE WALLS

The rider is MELISANDRE. She silently leads her mount to stop in front of JORAH. She looks at the Dothraki.

MELISANDRE: Do you speak their tongue?

JORAH: (Nods.)

MELISANDRE: Tell them to lift their swords.

JORAH and MELISANDRE take measure of one another. Then JORAH turns to the mounted horde.

JORAH: (speaks in Dothraki)

The Dothraki respond by raising their weapons. JORAH returns his apprehensive gaze to MELISANDRE. She nudges her horse forward and stops next to QHONO, the nearest Dothraki. She clasps his curved weapon in her left hand, her index finger pressed against the cutting edge. She concentrates as she offers an incantation. Y/N Stark just stares into the darkness and hand already on his blade

MELISANDRE: (speaks in Valyrian)

The blade she holds ignites in flame. Quickly, the other raised weapons blaze with flame as well, surprising the Dothraki who hold them. They yell in celebration of the magic.

CUT TO: THE RAMPARTS

ARYA and SANSA look on in amazement. The flames travel in a wave through the entire Dothraki force, lighting up the night. DAVOS watches, cautiously.

CUT TO: OUTSIDE THE WALLS

BRIENNE, GREY WORM, TORMUND, BERIC, SAM and EDDISON marvel at the sea of fire and the cheers of the Dothraki.

JORAH nods in approval to MELISANDRE. She rides quietly past the Dothraki force, JORAH turns his mount and draws Heartsbane  and Y/N draws his blade both with renewed vigor. MELISANDRE reaches the last of the Dothraki and turns to ride in front of the Dothraki. She passes by GREY WORM.