Dragons conquest

ELLARIA SAND and OLENNA TYRELL are sitting across a table from each other. OBARA SAND, NYMERIA SAND, and TYENE SAND flank ELLARIA.

OLENNA: The last time a Tyrell came to Dorne, he was assassinated. 100 red scorpions, was it?

ELLARIA: You have nothing to fear from us, Lady Olenna.

OLENNA: You murder your own prince, but you expect me to trust you?

OBARA: We invited you to Dorne because we needed your help. You came to Dorne because you needed our help?

OLENNA: What is your name again? Barbaro?

OBARA: Obara.

OLENNA: Obara. You look like an angry little boy. Don't presume to tell me what I need.

NYMERIA: Forgive my sister. What she lacks in diplomacy, she makes--

OLENNA: Do shut up, dear.

OLENNA looks at TYENE.

OLENNA: Anything from you?

TYENE opens her mouth to speak.

OLENNA: No? Good. Let the grown women speak.

ELLARIA: The Lannister's have declared war on House Tyrell. They have declared war on Dorne. We must be allies now if we wish to survive.

OLENNA: Cersei stole the future from me. She killed my son. She killed my grandson. She killed my granddaughter. Survival is not what I'm after now.

ELLARIA: You're absolutely right. I chose the wrong words. It is not survival I offer. It is your heart's desire.

ELLARIA rings a bell.

OLENNA: And what is my heart's desire?

ELLARIA: Vengeance. Justice.

VARYS emerges from a hallway.

VARYS: Fire and blood.

Ellaria: A couple years ago the lone wolf came to kings landing an struck a deal with me and Oberyn to help put Danyeras on the Iron Throne.

MEEREEN - GREAT PYRAMID CONFERENCE ROOM

DAENERYS is sitting on a couch, sipping a glass of wine. DAARIO enters.

DAARIO: Your ships are nearly ready. I saw them painting the sails.

DAARIO pours himself a glass of wine.

DAARIO: I'm curious to see how the Dothraki do on the poison water.

DAENERYS: You're not coming with us.

DAARIO: New strategy? You want the Second Sons to attack from the west coast? If we take Casterly Rock, the Lannisters will have nowhere to run when you hit King's Landing.

DAARIO approaches DAENERYS and stands in front of her.

DAENERYS: You're not going to Westeros. You're staying here with the Second Sons. There's finally peace in Meereen. You will keep the peace while the people choose their own leaders.

DAARIO sets his glass of wine down on a table.

DAARIO: Fuck Meereen. Fuck the people. I'm here for you, not them.

DAENERYS: You promised me. "My sword is yours. My life is yours." This is what I command. If I'm going to rule in Westeros, I'll need to make alliances. The best way to make alliances is with marriage.

DAARIO sits down.

DAARIO: Who are you marrying this time?

DAENERYS: I don't know. Maybe no one.

DAARIO: But you need to lure all the noble houses to the table? Are you a queen or fish bait?

DAENERYS: I can't bring a lover to Westeros.

DAARIO: A king wouldn't think twice about it.

DAENERYS: So that's what you want? To be my mistress?

DAARIO: I'm not proud. I don't care what perfumed aristocrat sits beside you in the throne room. I don't want a crown. I want you.

DAARIO approaches DAENERYS and kneels in front of her.

DAARIO: I love you. And I make you happy. You know I do. Bring me with you. Let me fight for you.

DAENERYS touches DAARIO's face.

DAENERYS: I can't.

DAARIO stands.

DAARIO: The dwarf told you to do this.

DAENERYS: No one tells me to do anything.

DAARIO: Clever fellow. Can't argue with his logic. I'm no use to you over there.

DAENERYS: Don't get angry.

DAARIO: I'm not angry. I'm full of self-pity. Who comes after you? Who can ever follow Daenerys Stormborn, the Mother of Dragons?

DAENERYS: A great number of women, I imagine. Specific orders will be left for you regarding the welfare of Meereen and the Bay of Dragons.

DAENERYS stands.

DAARIO: Bay of Dragons?

DAENERYS: We can't call it Slaver's Bay anymore, can we?

DAARIO: You'll get that throne you want so badly, I'm sure of it. I hope it brings you happiness.

DAARIO sips his wine.

DAARIO: I pity the lord of Westeros. They have no idea what's coming for them.

DAENERYS: Farewell, Daario Naharis.

DAARIO nods and exits.

MEEREEN - GREAT PYRAMID THRONE ROOM

TYRION is sitting off to the side of the room on a bench. DAENERYS enters, walking down the steps from the throne.

TYRION: How did he take it?

DAENERYS: No tears.

TYRION: I know it was hard for you. You turned away a man who truly loves you because he would have been a liability in the Seven Kingdoms. That's the kind of self-sacrifice that makes for a good ruler, if it's any consolation.

DAENERYS reaches the bottom of the steps and approaches TYRION.

DAENERYS: It's not.

TYRION: No, I suppose not. I'm terrible at consoling.

DAENERYS sits down on the bench next to TYRION.

DAENERYS: Yes, you really are.

TYRION: All right, how about the fact that this is actually happening? You have your armies, you have your ships, you have your dragons. Everything you've ever wanted since you were old enough to want anything. It's all yours for the taking. Are you afraid?

DAENERYS nods.

TYRION: Good. You're in the great game now. And the great game's terrifying. The only people who aren't afraid of failure are madmen like your father.

DAENERYS: Do you know what frightens me? I said farewell to a man who loves me. A man I thought I cared for. And I felt nothing. Just impatient to get on with it.

TYRION: He wasn't the first to love you and he won't be the last.

DAENERYS: Well, you have completely failed to console me but I didn't love him I yearned for another.

DAENERYS stands and turns to face TYRION.

TYRION: For what it's worth, I've been a cynic for as long as I can remember. Everyone's always asking me to believe in things-- family, gods, kings, myself. It was often tempting until I saw where belief got people. So I said no, thank you to belief. And yet here I am.

TYRION stands on the bench.

TYRION: I believe in you. It's embarrassing, really. I'd swear you my sword, but I don't actually own a sword.

DAENERYS: It's your counsel I need.

TYRION: It's yours. Now and always.

DAENERYS: Good. I, um... I had something made for you. I'm not sure if it's right.

DAENERYS pins a Hand of the King's brooch on TYRION's chest.

DAENERYS: Tyrion Lannister, I name you Hand of the Queen.

TYRION holds back tears, then kneels.