Enter Hitoshi Shinso!

A/N: Hello dear readers and welcome to chapter 19. Don't forget to vote and comment.      Cheers! Art is not mine give credit to all rightful owners.

Shinso POV 

Like any child, I wanted to be a hero but fate had different plans. First, it gave me a bad quirk, then it gave me insomnia. The bad quirk I'm referring to is Brainwashing, a mental type quirk that allows me to take control of a target if I get a verbal response out of them. It can be broken with light physical contact. As for insomnia, it's my dad's fault with his quirk No Sleep it allows him to stay up all night. It is a mutation-type quirk which means he can't stop it. Some of those genes transferred over to me so I have trouble sleeping at night. Thanks, Dad

But I didn't give up when I was about 8 years old I discovered the existence of Underground Heroes, they became my ultimate focus from then on. Many a late night I stayed up late researching them. I came across Eraserhead, the No.1 underground hero and he became my obsession. Not much was even known about him but what was known I knew by heart. By the time middle school rolled around my main focus was getting into UA, when I told my teacher I was laughed straight to the door. I became a little doubtful of my chances and stopped mentioning it to others. One day, I met Eraserhead while running an errand for my father at the store and I couldn't help but notice that a man in an aisle looked just like Eraserhead. I mustered up my already depleted confidence and went up to him. He seemed shocked that someone had recognized him and commended me for my observational skills. I asked him if I had a shot in UA with my quirk and he said 

"Huh? sure kid"

After that, I was more motivated than ever to get in, studying became my main focus. When exam time rolled around I was confident that I would pass so I applied to 2 courses just in case I didn't get into heroics. I was flabbergasted by the physical exam seriously robots of all things, in the end, I didn't earn any points which was disappointing. I aced the other exam though which was nice. When I got my results and my schedule I started working out, I decided to not make friends just keep my head down and work. On the first day of school while everyone was making friends I was looking for alternate ways to the hero course. 

That was my end goal.

 After talking to teachers I found out that if you do well in the annual sports festival you can get a space in the hero course. With that information, I began looking at the 2 hero course classes, some noticeable figures being Katsuki Bakugo, Izuku Midoriya, and Shoto Todoroki. They were rumored to be the strongest after the first training exercise. While Todoroki and Bakugo having super powerful quirks, Midoriya was quirkless which made me put him in higher regard to the others. I know the discrimination against quirkless people and sympathize with them I never once participated in this activity though.

I was happy when I saw Eraserhead but inwardly jealous when I saw Midoriya walking with him which was 90% of the time. I began to think that maybe they were related in some way I mean they look the same way and have the same mannerisms so it was a possibility. I was too scared to actually approach Aizawa-sensei when he was alone though he looked so annoyed and tired which I could relate to and I didn't want to make his day any worse. 

 2 months into the school year and Class 1A was attacked but I felt no sympathy towards them, they were heroes in training so it's to be expected that they are attacked. Our teacher announced the sports festival and the class got rowdy and wild. Inwardly I was also very excited. It's no secret that the other classes had a sour relationship with classes 1A and 1B and were really excited to get back at them. At lunch, the other classes crowded around Class 1A's door and were making a big ruckus. I was going to join them but I saw that Midoriya and Shoto were walking toward the roof stairs and decided to follow them. Upon the roof, I strained to hear them through the door as they were talking in hushed tones. Then Midoriya spoke up and said, "Hitoshi Shinso class 1C you can come out now!"

My spine turned cold and put on my tired neutral poker face and walked out greeting them with a, hey Shoto and Midoriya turned toward me and greeted me with short answers. 

Shinso: Sh

Midoriya: M

Shoto: S

Sh: how did you know what class I was in?

M: I know a lot of things what class you were in is just one of those things.

S: I wouldn't question it too much.

Sh: Are you guys going to participate in the Sports Festival

S: no I'll just watch thank you very much

M: same

Sh: why??

S: Personal reasons

M: what he said

Sh: why are you so nice to people like me?

S: what do you mean?

M: He thinks that all 1A people are jerks.

M: But most of us are alright. Stay away from Bakugo though he's mean.

S: That's one way to describe him

M: Why aren't you waging war on the rest of our class like the rest of the General Studies Department?

Sh: I was going to but I saw you guys going this way and decided to follow you.

M: what's your quirk?

Sh: You don't want to know

S: oh come on my guy

Sh: ok it's called Brainwashing it allows me to take control of a person by getting a verbal response. It's ok if you don't want to talk with me because you're afraid of me or whatever.

S: we are not so shallow it's a pretty good quirk capable of defeating a villain without even fighting.

M: does that mean you're trying to get into class 1A?

Sh: obviously

M: good follow me Shoto you can come too.

Sh: ??

S: shrugs

Izuku POV

Going through the motions of school can be quite tiring and with the announcement of the Sports Festival all the support departments crowding our door at lunch trying to intimidate us. With threats and declarations of war being passed out like flyers at a convention, I motioned to Shoto and we ditched through the window much to the dismay of Tenya. Going up to the roof I noticed a certain raven-haired following us. Shoto and I talked about his father softly while Shinso tried to listen to us from behind the door. Calling him out and chatting him up was enjoyable and he slowly lowered his guard and became comfortable around us.

As he mentioned trying to get into Class 1A I had the brilliant idea to put him into connection with dad. Carrying them from the roof to dad's favorite napping area the staff room I laughed at their bewildered expressions. Telling them to wait outside I went and talked to dad about Shinso. He agreed to train him after a little assessment of his. Emerging from the staff room with Aizawa-sensei was very funny. First of all Aizawa with his perfect poker face and Shinso having on an identical poker face hiding his excitement. With Aizawa proposing an idea of training and Shinso breaking character and smiling at the offer and agreeing.  Dad returned to the staff room and Shinso let out a sigh of relief. Shoto all this time had no said a single word he was busy staring at a fly on the wall.

Just like that lunch was over, we had all exchanged numbers and made a group chat. I had been debating something and now I made my decision. It was time to return to The Cage and have a talk with The Contractor. 

A/N: How do you like Shinso? I had introduced him a little earlier than canon. Who is The Contractor and where is The Cage. It's time to dive deep into our protagonist's past. Don't forget to vote and comment.

 I'll be gone for about 2 weeks starting this weekend because of my final exams starting next week. I'll still write in between but no publishing until school closes in July. Then I'm entering my final year of high school in September and during my break, I'll be studying so there will be fewer uploads.... stupid school. This double update is supposed to spoil you a little. "This isn't farewell just goodbye." Opens portal and steps through