Fallout

Dabi POV 

Flames engulfed the couch as I watched the television, to be honest, I had forgotten about the Sports Festival as big as it is, being homeless does that to you. I turned on the TV and it was on the news what grabbed my attention was the headline. With the couch on fire, jumping to my feet I turned to the professional asshole standing behind me and asked: "What the fuck man why show me this knowing you won't do anything". Giran walked to the kitchen and answered my question saying, "Consider this motivation to do your job right by way of the inside information we know Shigaraki is behind the attack. He also wants to make contact with you and the rest of the recruits." 
Gritting my teeth I joined him in the kitchen and leaned against the counter and replied "Gimme a time and place I'll be there". Turning to me for the first time he said "Well let's gather the troops, shall we? We leave in 10 minutes." 

Timeskip 2 hours 

I was with the other recruits and Shigaraki and that crazy bitch was talking non-stop about wanting some of my blood. I ignored her and zoned in on Shigaraki. He looked relaxed it was hard to believe this guy had caused one of the worst disasters in Japan, he made it look effortless. He better hope that Shoto was ok or I'll kill him myself fuck a mission. We were in a bar and we were just sitting around I figured this was the base of operations everyone including me was on edge. Behind the counter, there was a guy made out of purple murky smoke it looked vaguely familiar. Shigaraki threw back a shot of tequila and turned to us saying "Welcome to the League of Villains my name is Shigaraki and you will address me as such. I'd like to introduce my assistant, Kurogiri. Let's break the ice shall we?" 

"We should start with introductions first," Shigaraki said motioning for us to introduce ourselves. There was a beat of silence and everyone looked at each other, letting out a sigh I went first "My name's Dabi and my quirk is Cremation" I said lighting my hand ablaze. I guess my little act of bravery made everyone sober up because one by one they introduced themselves. I didn't necessarily focus on names or quirks but I focused on Shigaraki he seemed to know all this information with the way he was nodding along. It would be safe to assume that Giran gave him the info beforehand, this was just to prove as an icebreaker because now everyone was making small talk. Everyone except me I'm not here to entertain psychopaths, Shigaraki seemed to notice this as he made his way from the bar over to me. Based on my outward expression it would look like I was pissed at the world but inwardly this movement by Shigaraki pleased me a great deal. I had planned to become close with him and I expected him to be more closed off and reserved but seeing as he made the move toward me it made my job easy. 

"Dabi I see your not making conversation with anyone why is that?" Shigaraki said coming to stand beside me. Looking at him from the side of my eye I replied, "There's nothing left for me to say". Shigaraki seemed amused by my unintentionally edgy response because he had a sly little smile on. "Come with me a minute he said walking to a staircase, looking to the others who were all not even paying attention I followed reluctantly. We walked up till we reached a hallway with a door at the end. He walked ahead of me and opened the door following closely behind I was blinded by a bright light. Covering my eyes and groaning at the sudden change in brightness I heard Shigaraki laugh out loud for the first time. It took 30 seconds for my eyes to adjust to the change so I moved my hands away. Now we were on a balcony and Shigaraki was facing me with his back to the wind. 

The sun was beating down on us and I wasn't liking this one bit. "What do you want Shigaraki you must have brought me up here for a reason?" I said glaring at him from my place at the door. He replied slyly "Quite perceptive are we? You are correct I did bring you up here for a reason." He started walking toward me while continuing "The little ice breaker was a test to see if I had any diamonds in the trough. Building connections are important but staying on the course is even more important. It seems your friends downstairs have no problem building connections but are a little simple-minded when it comes to goals. The vibe I get from you is more action-oriented. My diamond in the trough....... let's take over the world together." By the time his little speech was done Shigaraki was standing in front of me hand outstretched waiting for his handshake. I almost wanted to laugh at the situation in question, I planned on staying in the background but here I was attracting attention from the get-go. Meeting his eyes I shook his hand and let go. Staying quiet seemed to be the route for me with this whole infiltration thing, so we went back down to the others. 

Shigaraki wanted to do another test it seemed, we were on an abandoned football field. Kurogiri had dropped us off minutes earlier and now it was just us. "I want you to try to hit me," he said rolling up his sleeves and taking off his white gloves. "I'll have to warn you my quirk is rather dangerous". Then he charged going straight for me, throwing a punch straight for my abdomen. Putting my arms in an X I blocked the punch and allowed myself to slide back, with the knowledge of his quirk in my back pocket I attacked his legs going for a calf kick. Toga came from behind with a knife going for a kill hit, Shigaraki tanked my calf kick and caught Toga's knife grabbing her hair with the other hand and dragging her over his shoulder. With Toga on her back and gasping for air Shigaraki went after her face with a sucker punch breaking her nose. Deciding to re-enter the fight I decided to use my quirk this time to keep Shigaraki at a distance, igniting my hand I let out a large blue flame that ignited the tall unruly grass. Picking Toga up by her hair Shigaraki decided to sock her again in the face and throw her to the side with him dodging to the other as the fire came at them. 

"I'm gONnA kIlL yOu!!/ I'm GoNnA SaVe YoU!!", came Twice swinging his tape but Shigaraki was ready sidestepping to the left winding up for another sucker punch but I decided to re-enter the fight deciding ranged attacks were not going to work so I lit my fists a flame and went in close. Surprisingly Shigaraki wasn't deterred dancing between Twice and I quickly took out Twice because that fool had no balance and was erratic with his attacks usually getting in the way of my own. He somehow managed to redirect my hands so I just set myself ablaze as a last resort. Surprisingly Shigaraki managed to land two powerful blows on my solar plexus leaving me in excruciating pain and unable to move. From my spot on the floor, I looked up to see that man take out Magne who for some reason stood on the sidelines. Black spots were now appearing in my vision as Shigaraki beat down Magne, I let my consciousness fade slowly.

Timeskip 2 weeks 

Izuku POV

"It's been 2 weeks since the attack on UA Highschool and UA is in some hot water with a 100 billion lawsuit on the way. After reassurance that there would be 10x the amount of security at this year's Sports Festival the mysterious villain group named The League of Villains infiltrated the venue releasing a dangerous airbourne virus that caused hallucinations and forced quirk activations causing many to be injured in the crossfire", the tv reporter said from the TV in the workshop. The story was playing nonstop at every hour. The teachers have recovered and from the mouth of my father they want to have a press conference this evening. My father seemed very tight lipped about the whole ordeal and was not sleeping very well, that is to be expected so I don't press him. The students were given a choice whether to leave the course altogether but most chose to stay. I had gotten permission from the Principal to hook up Suki to the UA satellite and she was currently trying to piece together the formula for the toxin. Under the ruse of wanting to help the police department and heroes I secretly wanted to get it so I could replicate it and add it to my arsenal. I think Nezu saw through my deception but let me continue either way I don't care I know my way around Pentagon level encryption so whatever Japan has should be no challenge. 

I've been spending more and more time in the workshop trying to level up in terms of gadgets because aside from the stress of the situation I've been worried about the teachers. I've also used this time to spar with Shinso. Not to brag but I'm a pretty good teacher he's gotten to a point where I almost have to take him seriously he has talent for physical combat that is greater than mine. I've also helped him design his hero uniform and several gadgets that should help his quirk. He's supposed to come today to test out his voice changer he had given me the sketches a couple weeks ago and I had been working on it. I had gotten the chance to go to the hospital to visit my dad. He was adamant to head back to the school and handle the press knowing damn well they are cooking up a storm but Nezu had him on bed rest for 3 weeks. 

A/N: I had to put out something I know it aint the best