Sports Festival

Shinso POV

I can't believe it's actually here the famous UA Sports Festival my introduction to the world and the thing that would ultimately decide my future. Getting dressed that morning, I felt giddy with a mixture of excitement and dread. Dad went out of his way this morning and cooked a big breakfast and even offered to drive. Wanting to keep my cool I declined and told him to go on ahead. Getting on the train I put in my earbuds and looked out the window.

Timeskip to UA 

The excitement around the school was insane with people from my class throwing out challenges to Class 1A and 1B. I kept my cool and went to go see Aizawa - sensei.  Walking to the staff room I passed Midnight sensei who was drooling over one of the students. Aizawa-sensei as usual was in his sleeping bag chatting with Izuku. 

Aizawa: Hitoshi come over here real quick.

Hitoshi: *walks over*

Izuku: What's up man ready for the Sports Festival

Hitoshi: You know it

Aizawa:  Well you trained well and I have an important announcement 

Hitoshi: ??

Aizawa: You are now my protege. I initially wanted to just train you enough to get into the hero course and watch your progress before deciding but Izuku didn't want me to wait so we decided now would be a great time to announce that. 

Hitoshi: Thank you very much sir I would be honoured to be your protege but isn't Izuku also your protege. *bows* 

Izuku: No I'm not 

Hitoshi: well if that's all I'll be going *walks away stiffly* 

Izuku POV 

Watching Shinso walk away stiffly actually made me crack a smile, turning back to dad I spied a small smile on his lips again. Suddenly he got out of his sleeping bag and told me to follow him to class. In class, things were chaotic as hell with Bakugo threatening Mineta and the like. Aizawa walked briskly up to the podium and activated his quirk effectively silencing the class. With everyone in their seats, he began his speech

" Today is a special day for all the students in UA, it gives those who failed the hero course exam a chance at redemption and it gives both of the hero course students chances of being scouted from a hero agency. Your spot in the hero course is now under attack prove to everyone that you do indeed belong here and don't forget go beyond plus ultra!!

He stayed up extra late crafting that speech and I'm amazed at the effect it had on the class though everyone was now dead serious and Katsuki looked just about ready to murder everyone in the vicinity. 

"Izuku, Bakugo and Todoroki please stay back a minute. The rest of you go to the changing rooms your sports uniforms are there waiting for you."

As the class filed out Aizawa - sensei gestured us up to his desk, he looked us over for a minute before sighing. Due to your actions in the USJ incident, you all are prohibited from participating in this year's Sports Festival. The administration thinks that putting you out there for the world to see would make you a target of the  League of Villains. After that chaos erupted with Katsuki screaming profanities at the sky and Shoto accidentally activating his quirk. Dodging the ice and fire Aizawa-sensei activated his quirk and binded Katsuki with his capture weapon. Immediately Katsuki and Shoto calmed down, and Aizawa-sensei further explained.

"Your actions have been spread to many hero agencies and many of them want to recruit you so please don't worry about it. You all would be with me in the announcer booth and if you want you can also give commentary."