Press Conference

Nezu POV

Running a highschool is very tough business much less one of Japan's crowned jewels, UA. The attack on UA had been foreseen though I had thought that they wouldn't be so bold as to do it on such a grand scale. The detective's who were assigned the case told me not to underestimate The League but I had been careless. Now there would be no more games but an all out war. Over the past few weeks I had been in several meetings with the staff of UA configuring the dorm system now that it had to be put higher up on the schedule. The only person still hospitalized was Aizawa who I had deemed not ready for work, he needed an additional week so I gave it to him much to his displeasure. In a couple of hours I along with all the staff at UA would be addressing the media. It had been 2 weeks since the incident and the vultures at major media companies were cooking up some of the most horrendous stories defacing UA's reputation. Not to mention the lawsuits coming my way but it was all in the fine print. Heroes and civilians alike had to sign an agreement that any harm done to them inside the stadium would not be UA's responsiblilty. We would provide security but the absolute certainty that nothing would happen was not certain. People coming would be at risk I mean we even televised it so people wouldn't have to come. It would all come to afoot tonight.

Timeskip 3 hours 

Sipping my tea I watched as the sun set in the concrete jungle,  now most of UA teachers were in the conference meeting, worry was written on the faces of everyone. Deciding to lighten the mood I said "Teachers don't look so down I have absolutely certain that the press conference would go well. We should go to the auditorium it's time". The mood brightened considerably with everyone now sporting determined expressions. The auditorium was filled to the brim with reporters from every major news channel and as we came into sight the spark in their eyes brighter. This light was not something good though, most heroes retired not because of severe injury but because of controversy. Reporters were no longer encouraged to chase the truth but controversy, a single slip up was what was needed for the downfall of a hero's image. The reporters made a crucial mistake though, they came to me where I have the most influence, within the world of UA, I am king........foolish hyenas you shouldn't have entered a lion domain. 

3rd POV 

As soon as Principal Nezu and the teachers entered the auditorium all whispering stopped, taking his seat Nezu took control of the room. With the teachers seated Nezu decided it would be a nice time to make an opening statement, tapping the mic softly he started "Good evening reporters before we open the floor for questions as the Principal of UA and Head of Security at UA I'd like to give a heartfelt apology to all victims of the attack on UA soil. Our enemy, The league of villains were to be underestimated, they proved their point. The floor is now open for questions'

The reporters leaped to their feet shouting questions with cameras clicking photos at a furious pace. Suddenly an ear piercing whistle shot through the ear silencing the crowd of reporters, with the mob silent Principal Nezu took this time to address the reporters again saying "I know you all are very anxious to get your questions answered but let's all act with a level of professionality", his tone had darkened considerably and he had a dangerous glint in his eyes. 

Unsure of how to proceed one reporter stood up and addressed the panel, "Mustafu Daily here I have a question for Nezu, as head of security what measures are you putting in place to make sure something like this never happens again". 

Taking a breath Nezu answered "All the contingencies in the world would not have prepared us for that disaster. I will admit that the security had been lax this year we had hoped that the presence of All Might would have deterred the villains. Going forward however security would be 10x what normally would have been emplored. 

Another reporter took the stand aggression rolling off him in waves "What about the injuries to attendees and pro heroes, my sources say that you have a multi million dollar lawsuit to pay out".

This time Aizawa took the time to answer "I would like you alll to go back to when the Sports Festival was first announced, Principal Nezu in his wisdom and forsight knew that damages to attendees would be evident so he drafted up an alternative a signed aggreement that all attendees had to sign and have approved before entering the stadium. In Clause 3 Subsection B it states "All injuries sustained by attendees in case of a villain attack would cover only medical expenses and be treated by our in house doctor Recovery Girl". Everyone that was in that stadium knew the risks and had signed the aggreement, all lawsuits claiming anything would be immediately thrown out or taken to court." 

The reporters were obviously angered by this claim started murmuring amongt themselves causing a ruckus. Another one came to the stand and started "CNN here, what you all are saying that you refuse to pay out any money to injured attendees?". Speaking up once again Aizawa replied saying "Yes , let me not mince words in case it was not clear last time, the only reason the UA Sports Festival is even allowed to have an in person stadium is because the Japanese Government wanted it to be a replacement for the Olympics, every person in the stadium at that time signed a form stating that UA would not be held accountable for any injuries sustained by attendees, which is why we have television coverage of the event. Pull it up on the projector Midnight". 

A projector screen came down from the ceiling and was soon illuminated with a copy of the form with Clause 3 Subsection B highlighted. Aizawa started again saying " You might see it as us avoiding a major payout but the way I see it UA is simply guarding its assets which is why in this specific situation UA is offering a pay out of 1 Million Yen per lawsuit for pain and suffering. Principal Nezu had UA start a backup fund in case a situation like this ever arose. That is UA's final offer at this time. 

The reporters were trying to compose themselves with the reveal unsure of how to spin this. It seemed UA had prepared for every outcome. "Mustafu Daily here again What about the kids?"

Aizawa answered again "Class I-A and I-B are in a special situation we believe they are being targeted because of All Might and the villains endgame seem to be to hurt All Might's career by repeatedly putting them in harm's way. To combat this a dorm system would be put in place with the end goal to move the entire school into the dorms, for now Class 1-A and I-B would be moved in. For the other departments a police escort would be put on each of the students until everyone can be put in the dorm system. We have already gotten permission from most parents with those who chose to take their kids out of UA given a refund and sent on their way with the option to be placed into other hero school's." 

The reporter sat back down soaking all the information for the first time having nothing to clap back at the panel with. All the reporters were in a similar predicament with no angles to play with it seemed UA was well prepared for this, with nothing being heard besides the clicking of the cameras Nezu came at the mic saying "This concludes the press conference on behalf of UA's entire staff we would like to thank you for your time." The shuffling of chairs was heard as the panel came off the stage and walked out of the hall leaving deadly silence in their wake.