Chapter Seventy Five

"this is fucking sick bro"
Jordan said, punching chase's shoulder lightly. Marie laughed.
"come on, chase, you know you were going to have to get one anyways"
He was still hesitant on taking the tour bus. He looked at me with a raised eye brow.
"don't look at me. I didn't know anything"
I said laughing.

"let's go get ice-cream in it"
Lia yelled like she just had the smartest idea.
"let's pick up Penelope"
Liam said just as excited.
"and Mason!"
Lia said

"who are these"
Baron asked confused.
"kourtney's kids"
I told him.

Marie, kourtney, and addison are like a group now or something. Kim hangs out with them sometimes as well. Their kids became really close with my siblings over time.

"No. This isn't your toy. It's chase's"
Marie scolded them.
"I love how she just called a whole ass tour bus, a toy"
Dylan mumbled next to me and I laughed.

"fine. Let's get ice cream"
Chase said and everyone started cheering.
"wait! We forgot to give you something"
Liam yelled and the twins ran inside the bus together. A while later they came back, panting.
"here"
Chase helped them with box they were trying to push.
"happy birthday!"
Chase's fist went to his mouth with a happy smile
"stop. This is fucking sick!"
He looked so happy with the new 2023 Xbox.
"my birthday is pretty soon. Just throwing that here. I'm also a better gamer than little hoodie"
Jordan said making everybody laugh.

My laugh faltered when I noticed chase's mom. She was getting out of the house and on her way to a car. This is my chance. I left them and ran towards her.

"Mrs Hudson. Hi"
I said with a small smile once I reached her. She stopped and looked at me with raised eye brows.
"I.. Um.. I just wanted to apologize. I don't know what I did wrong to make you hate me. But I just want a fresh start. I'm sorry for anything that may have made you think I'm a bad person."
I was wincing at my own words. I have never done this before. I have never actually cared what someone thinks of me till chase came along.

Chase's mom took a deep breath.
" I don't hate you. You're just a kid.".  ouch.    "Maybe it's not your fault that stupid disstrack was out but you still supported it. You still bullied my son at some point. You still went to the hype house that day in July to embarrass him and harass him in front of the whole world. You still let everyone on the internet bully him and harass him again a couple months ago for something he didn't even do. Chase may not know it but he deserves so much better than you. He deserves someone who shows him real respect and love"
And she got in her Uber and drove away.

I had to bite on my lip so hard that I tasted blood. She's right. No matter how long has passed. My friendship with Josh and the others have led me to do a lot of hurtful things to chase. As a mother, she'll never forget that.

It was so fucking hard not to cry as I felt my heart squeeze.

Suddenly, I felt arms circling around my waist and a head rest on my shoulder. Holding me in a familiar comfort.
"baby? How'd it go?"
I took a deep breath. I can't ruin this week for him. It's his birthday week and I have to make it special. No drama or sadness this week.

So I put on a fake smile and turned to look at chase, not in the eye. His eyes are my biggest fucking weakness.

"it went great. Let's go get ice cream with the others"
I said with a smile. His eye brows furrowed.
"Anna"
My smile faltered.
"let's not talk about it right now, okay?"
He leaned down and kissed my lips. When he pulled back, his lips had red on them from the blood.
"you're taking this vampire thing really seriously, aren't you?"
Chase laughed
"you're cute"