Chapter Fourteen

I met up with chase and everyone in Mc and we finally got our food and started eating. Everyone was chatting with each other so when chase started talking Lowkey, I wasn't really worried.

"you look beautiful, I love the red on you"
My stomach suddenly exploded. Butterflies everywhere. I couldn't contain how big my smile is.
"it's my favorite color. You look good in black too. It gives you this mysterious dark boy demeanor"
He laughed.

"how did last night go? I tried to text you but you never replied?"
He asked making me smile softly. He makes me feel so cared for. I didn't want to tell him the details tho. Pretty sure they will upset him.
"it was weird. Everyone is mad at me and for what? I have no idea. They thought I'm leaving sway and stuff like that."

He laughed and shook his head.
"why would you leave sway?"
I laughed too and shrugged my shoulders.
"I don't know. But it's who they are. They get upset when they don't know what's going on"
He raised his eyebrow, thinking it's weird.
"they act like your dad?"

"no. It's how we all are. Like you can't live in the house without knowing what's going on with your roommates. It's weird."
He nodded his head, still not getting it. So I decided to change the topic.

"anways, what are you doing tomorrow?"
I asked with the smile still plastered on my face.
"filming for James's YouTube, then out with Noah and the d'amelios"

His smile faltered once he realized what he said. Out with the d'amelios. Even though it hurts like a bitch, I still smiled.

"okay then, maybe we can talk later at night"
I tried to make my voice sound as normal as possible. It still came out shaky. Is he really gonna hang out with charli? Noah and the d'amelios? Like a fucking double date?

What the fuck am I doing here then?

"Ann, I didn't mean-"
"No chase, you can hang out with your ex. That's totally fine with me. She the charli d'amelio after all"
I interrupted him because I just couldn't sit there while he tells me about his double Date with his ex. The same ex that everyone already thinks he's back with.
"we're just fr-"
"besties. You're just besties. I know. I'm going to the toilet"
I stood up and didn't even let him talk.

I just couldn't listen to his voice right now.

He'll never get over her, will he?

I don't cry. I don't do that. Crying is for kids. I'm strong and I'm a fucking woman. I need to man up and not be a little crybaby.

When I finally arrived the bathroom and saw that my eyes were glassy, I glared at me. I'm not gonna fucking cry. I hate mirrors.

Why am I even so mad? It's not like we're actually dating. I punched the sink so hard that my ring slashed my finger. Just one bunch with the burning sensation helped me a bit forget about my crush going on a double date with his ex.

"Anna?"
I looked back to see kouvr staring at me. She had a frown on her face. She looked like a worried mom. I smiled a faint smile, trying to not appear weak in front of her.
"yeah?"
I asked liked I don't know what's going on.

"uhmm. Chase told me what he said"
She said closing the door and giving me a sorry look. I scoffed.
"he'll never get over her, will he? I'm just a rebound right? I'm always somebody's rebound. Tell him to not worry. I'm used to it anyways"
She sighed and tried to hug me but I pulled back.

I don't want to cry. And she seems to understand.

"you're not a rebound. I don't know if that makes you feel better but when he said the d'amelios, he meant the whole family. Plus, charli and chase are really over. Their families are just very close friends so he hangs out with them a lot. And he said he likes you."