𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ |

"They'll be here in four days," Alice informed the others. Hazel held her hand tight, dread setting in at the information, as Jasper held Alice close.

"This could turn into a blood bath," Carlisle spoke, sitting down on the table next to Edward and Bella.

"Who's behind it?" Edward queried.

Hazel looked over to Alice as she closed her eyes for a second, attempting to remember. "I didn't see anyone I recognised." Alice averted her gaze. "Maybe one."

"I know his face. He's local. Riley Beirs," Edward spoke. "He didn't start this."

The name sounded familiar to Hazel. It clicked. He was the guy that went missing ages ago. Hazel remembered seeing his missing posters around, though most of them were taken down because it had been a while since he disappeared, and most people thought he was dead.

"Whoever did must be staying out of the action."

"They must be playing wth the blind spots in your vision," Carlisle noted.

Great.

"Either way, the army's coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town," Jasper spoke up.

"Hold up." Everyone looked over to Jacob. "What damn army?"

"Newborns. Our kind," Carlisle replied.

"What are they after?" Embry frowned.

"They were passing around Hazel and Bella's scents," Alice answered. Bella and Hazel turned her way. "A green shirt and a red blouse."

Hazel gritted her teeth, using her free hand to grip the side of her dress. She couldn't believe everything that was happening.

"THey're after the girls?" Jacob's face flicked through a range of emotions in a mere second. "What the hell does this mean?"

"It means an ugly fight. WIth lives lost." Carlisle's words hit Hazel, and she lowered her head slightly.

Her green eyes travelled around the group, locking on Christian's. He offered her a smile. It wasn't meant to provide any comfort, and she knew that. It was a grim smile where they realised they both understood.

"Alright. We're in," Jacob declared.

"No," Bella retorted. "You'll get yourselves killed. No way."

"I wasn't asking for permission," Jacob shot back.

"Edward?"

"It means more protection for you," Edward told Bella. 

"Jacob," Carlisle spoke up again, "do you believe Sam would agree to an understanding."

"As long as we get to kill some vampires." Jacob and Jasper locked eyes, the wolf narrowing his.

"Jasper?"

"They'll give us the numbers," Jasper replied. "newborns won't know they even exist. That'll give us an edge."

"We'll need to coordinate."

"Carlisle, they're gonna get hurt."

Hazel could tell how desperate Bella was for it to be stopped. It annoyed her slightly, because she knew they needed the numbers, and anyone from either side could die. It didn't matter if they were vampires or wolves, their chances were about equal.

"We'll all need some training," Carlisle spoke, ignoring the brunette. "Fighting newborns requires knowledge that Jasper has. You're welcome to join us."

"Alright. Name the time and place." Jacob looked over to Bella.

"Jake, you don't know what you're getting yourself into."

"Bella," he held a look of determination Hazel hadn't seen before as he spoke to the girl, almost like he was patronising her, "this is what we do. You should be happy. Look at us, working together. You are the one who wanted us to get along. Remember?"

"I'll get things organised, and then we'll inform you," Carlisle spoke up, looking between the pair. Jacob pulled his attention to the doctor. "Thank you, Jacob, for doing all of this to help."

The boy hummed. He turned, gesturing to the other wolves before they all walked away. Hazel let out a shaky breath, letting go of Alice's hand. The vampire looked Hazel's way. A frown formed on Alice's face, and she cocked her head. Hazel waved her off, attempting to assure her it was nothing to worry about. From the corner of her eye, she saw Carlisle say something to Edward before he and Bella also headed back to the party.

"Hazel," the doctor spoke, and the girl nodded, turning her full attention to the vampire with a half-assed smile. "You've already done so much to help us, and I can fully understand if you don't--"

"I want to fight, too. And don't think I won't," Hazel spoke, cutting Carlisle off. "I mean, it's just as much my fight as yours."

"Are you sure?" Hazel turned to Alice and Jasper.

"Of course. If you are fighting, I want to be there, fighting right beside you," Hazel replied. "I want to be able to do anything and everything I can."

"Alright, then," Carlisle spoke. "Thank you."

"Anytime," Hazel smiled.

"Is everything all good?"

Minnie and Kassie didn't hesitate once they saw Hazel rejoin the party. The furrowed brows Hazel had worried them enough, and they immediately made their way over to her.

Hazel smiled at the couple and waved them off. "It's nothing to worry about. How're you both finding the party? Have you tried Esme's mini quiches? They're absolutely to die for." Despite Hazel's lack of confidence in her skill to change the subject, both of the girls fell for it, happily going along.

"Yes! I never thought a mini quiche could taste so good! My compliments to the chef," Kassie gushed. "And the choc chip cookies that were there. Mmh! Heaven on a decorated plate."

Hazel and Minnie both laughed at the girl. Suddenly the song changed, and Minnie and Kassie looked at each other.

"You two go and dance together," Hazel gently shoved the pair to the dance floor. "I know how much you love this song."

"I will be back to talk about the other baked goods!" Kassie called out as Minnie dragged her away. "Don't you worry!"

"I'll be eagerly waiting for you!" Hazel called back, grinning wide as she laughed.

"Good to see those two are doing as well as ever." Hazel didn't jump when Christian came up behind her, slinging his arm over her shoulder. "You're going to fight. Are you sure you can? Do you think you're ready enough to go up against these newborns or whatever they're called?"

"Yes," Hazel replied. "I know I am."

"Then I guess I'll see you on the training ground."

"Yeah, and if I get to go up against you, I'll be sure to kick your ass," Hazel smirked, finally turning her head to look at her best friend. Christian looked down at her and grinned, a familiar fire lighting behind his eyes. "Wolf boy."

"Witch girl."

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

how are you going, lovelies? i hope you're doing well. i hope you're keeping yourselves hydrated and fed. go have a glass of water once you're done reading this, alright? please? thanks :)

anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll see you all next time. bye! :)