𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sɪx |

"Edward thinks Bella's dead?" Hazel guffawed at the words she just heard.

Hazel simply couldn't believe what Jasper told her. He nodded, confirming her question. Hazel's eyes widened to the size of saucers. No wonder Bella was impatient about leaving.

"While we were checking in on the others, Alice had a vision. Someone told him about it." Jasper placed a glass of water in front of her.

"Oh." Her eyes turned to the clean kitchen countertop. She clutched the glass tightly and took a sip. "Do you know where he is now?"

"He was in Brazil, last I heard, " Jasper replied. "But he's most likely gone to face the Volturi. If I know Edward, which I do, then that's the most likely option."

"The Volturi?" Hazel frowned. She hadn't heard of it before. "Who, or what, exactly is that?"

"There the vampires who hold the most power. You could call them kings, I suppose. Carlisle spent a few decades with them, actually," Jasper explained.

He stepped around the kitchen island, stopping beside the girl. He paused for a moment. Hazel didn't dare look up at him as she took another gulp of water.

"Edward will ask them to kill him--" Hazel's gaze shot up to Jasper "--but they won't do it without reason. His gift is too valuable to them."

"Where do they live?" Hazel inquired, feeling slightly relieved.

"Italy." Then Jasper frowned. "Now that Alice is gone, they'll try to recruit her, too."

Hazel studied his expression for a moment before grabbing his hand. She laced their fingers together, giving him a reassuring squeeze. He cocked his head slightly at her action.

"These Velocity, or whatever--"

"Volturi," Jasper corrected with a soft laugh.

"Yeah, Volturi. Whatever. They would have to be really stupid to try that." Jasper smiled at her. "And if they think they can hold her hostage I will kick down their Italian doors and storm their Italian hideout."

"Goodness, " Jasper let out a breathy chuckle. His gentle smile turned to a frown, and he paused for a moment. "The others have returned. Except for Carlisle. He's probably gone to the hospital." He could feel the thick waves of joy rolling off Hazel. "Come on, darlin'."

Keeping their hands interlocked, Jasper and Hazel walked out of the kitchen and down the stairs to the front door. Hazel threw open the front door, holding back a gleeful cry at the three vampires in front of her.

"Hey, Hazelnut!" Emmett grinned waving his arm which held a suitcase. "Oops." He grinned sheepishly at his wife after almost hitting her.

"It's nice to see you again, Hazel, " Esme greeted.

She opened her arms, inviting the girl for a hug. Hazel wasted no time running over and embracing the motherly vampire. Despite her cold skin, Esme's hug felt warm and comforting.

"Carlisle heard about your brother and mother. Anthony's a strong boy. He'll be better in no time." Esme whispered in her ear, despite not needing to.

"Thank you," Hazel smiled as the pair broke away. "It's good to see you back."

"Hate to admit it, but it's good to be back," Rosalie spoke, gazing at the house. She looked over to Hazel. "Did you clean while we were away?"

"Yeah, " Hazel admitted, "just some dusting and stuff."

She felt beyond ecstatic that the family came back, too much to care about being judged. Esme sent a grateful smile to the teenager.

"Thank you. " Her golden eyes flicked away for a moment. "Emmett, be careful!" She called to the stocky male. "We just got back; I don't want anything broken, please!"

Rosalie let out a groan. She pulled another suitcase from the back of the Jeep and sped inside. Esme shot one last smile to the girl before grabbing the final bag and rushed after her adopted children.

"Glad they're back, darling?" Jasper teased, grabbing the girl's hand and spinning her around.

"Oh, shut up, Jasper, " Hazel replied. She lightly slapped the honey blonde's chest, narrowing her eyes.

Jasper smiled. He pressed a soft kiss to her lips. It sent a jolt of electricity right to the girl's heart. She shivered.

"I still feel like I'm dreaming, " Hazel admitted, unnecessarily adjusting his shirt collar. "Like one sudden thing will happen, and I'll be back in the woods, crying on the ground."

Jasper frowned as Hazel averted her gaze to the ground. He let go of her hand, moving it to her upper arm and began rubbing circles over her skin. Hazel smiled, leaning forward and resting her head against his chest. She wrapped her arms around his waist, feeling as if he would disappear if she let go.

"Don't worry," Jasper whispered. He brought his free hand up to cup the back of her head. "We won't be going anywhere soon." She hummed. "Come on, let's head inside. I can tell how tired you are."

Hazel sighed, straightening herself up. Jasper slipped his hand down to her waist, guiding her back inside. She smiled up at him, letting him lead her. They passed the three other Cullens, with the two females scolding Emmett for whatever silly thing he had done inside.

"You'll wake me up when Alice comes back, right?" Hazel asked.

 Her eyes flicked up to the blonde as they arrived in the bedroom. He nodded, pressing a kiss to her forehead. Hazel yawned, only then noticing the heavy tired feeling in her body as she stepped over to the bed. She slipped off her shoes and socks before climbing in, not bothering about her clothes.

Jasper followed after her, heading around to the other side of the bed. He was about to sit when he spotted the yellow pad of paper at the end of the quilt. He raised his eyebrow at how used the pages appeared. He glanced back at the girl beside him before picking up the stationary.

"I wrote to you," Hazel spoke, noticing his movement. "It was everyday, but then I could only do it once a week when school came back."

Jasper lifted the pages, flicking through them. "I'm sorry," he murmured after a moment. He tore his eyes away from the item, focusing on the teenager, "I truly am."

"Don't apologize, Jazz," Hazel spoke with a soft smile, contrasting deeply with Jasper's gloomy expression. "What matters is that you're hear now, okay? I love you. And I'll always love you. No matter what." Hazel shifted slightly in the bed. "I'm going to sleep now, though, okay?"

"I'll wake you up when Alice is back," Jasper spoke as she laid her hear down once more. "Goodnight, darling."

"Goodnight, Jazz," Hazel replied, shutting her green eyes.

A/N: hahaha, ilovehowmuchofahimboemmettis.

how's everyone going? i hope you're doing well. if ur not, have a hug. and a muffin.

i hope you enjoyed this chapter. comment if you want, and I'll see you next time! bye! :)