𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐯.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ |

Hazel wasn't sure why she thought anything less would happen between each pairing when they fought. Their speed, strength and skill were enough to amaze her, green eyes wide, lips parted in awe. She hadn't even noticed Christian move closer to her dazed form, even in his large dark brown wolf form, until he nudged her shoulder.

"I feel like I should say it's cool or something, but even saying that feels too mundane," she murmured. Hazel noted the slight nod Christian gave with a glance over, and a grin cracked on her face. "I thought you were all anti-vamp, Chris? What happened?"

Christian looked over at her snickering face, blanky staring. Hazel didn't need to be Edward to know what was running through his head in response to her.

"I'm only joking," she hummed, tossing an arm over his furry neck. "Man, I didn't expect you to be so soft, what the hell?" Hazel frowned down at him.

Christian stuck out his tongue, which Hazel laughed at. She spared a glance back to the current fight between Edward and Emmett.

"I told them I would fight with them, too," Hazel spoke. Christian stilled beneath her touch, and she could feel his neck vibrate as he growled softly. "I'm not going to be helpless and just do nothing while everyone's out there. You know me."

It was almost as if the large wolf let out a sigh. He softly nudged her side with his nose. Hazel knew what he was trying to say.

I do, sadly.

"Hey, I'l be fine. Don't worry about me, alright? You're a bit late to the party, anyway, because I've already had Alice and Jasper try and talk me out of it." Hazel looked back over to the group of vampires she stood separate from, locking eyes with Jasper, who offered her a soft smile before he turned back to Emmett's prominent figure on the ground. "I know what can happen."

Christian nudged her again, slightly harder this time.

"If Val sees you cuddling up to me like this, she might get the wrong idea," Hazel teased. Christian broke away, turning his head toward her and narrowing his eyes. She laughed, holding her hands up. "Alright, I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Hazel!" The curly-haired girl turned her head to the vampires, seeing Alice waving at her. "Your turn!"

"Alright," Hazel replied. She turned back to Christian. "Let's see if all those years of winning against you can help me now." Christian huffed again and rolled his eyes.

Stood in front of Alice, Hazel was a little more anxious than she thought she'd be. Feeling everyone's eyes on her and the vampire in front of her, her stomach did flips. Hazel swallowed it down and focused on the matter at hand. She watched Alice closely, waiting until the girl moved before igniting anything.

Her body buzzed with energy, her senses becoming hyperaware that Alice had taken the spot behind her. Hazel grinned, ecstatic, as she moved out of the way before Alice could touch her, spinning around to face her girlfriend. Alice's eyes widened a fraction before a smile blossomed on her lips. She disappeared in a blur again, and Hazel almost didn't manage to block her hand.

"You're not going to go easy on me, are you?" Hazel queried, blocking Alice again.

"Me?" Alice ran behind the girl. She pressed a kiss to Hazel's cheek. "Never."

"Good." Hazel shifted her foot, feeling a familiar tug to a particular part of her. She grinned, shooting a quick message to the spirit she'd discovered. "Because I wasn't going to let you."