𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ |

Hazel couldn't deny she was a little jealous that Bella got to have a night with the person she loved, but then Hazel remembered that she got to eat tacos that night, and Bella didn't, so she was fine in a few minutes. Alice promised her, when Hazel mentioned her envy to the vampire, the three of them would have a night to themselves soon, once the whole fiasco was diminished.

"You still sure you're okay to do this?" Alice queried, taking Hazel's hand as they emerged on the fighting ground.

"I'm already here so... But, if you're doing it, I am, too." Hazel gave her an affirming nod, then looked at her outfit. "I still don't understand why or how you all coordinated to wear the same kind of outfit, though," Hazel added, using her free hand to tug on the collar of Alice's jacket gently. She looked over to Emmett. "And why is Emmett wearing jeans to a fight?"

"These are my lucky jeans, Hazelnut," Emmett grinned, looking over his shoulder at the curly-haired girl. "Not that I need any luck, but you might."

"Really? Because I remember our last fight going pretty--"

"Alright, you two," Rosalie let out a clearly exaggerated and unnecessary sigh. "Things are getting serious now, so pay attention." The group all stopped at her words,

"They coming?" Hazel whispered. Alice nodded.

Hazel activated the familiar tingle through her body. The Cullens adjusted their positioning, each close and facing outward. Hazel placed a foot back, bracing herself as she slowly increased the output of her powers, gathering as much feel for the field of dead beings as she could. Her skin prickled as the voices became louder in her head, but she no longer frowned at them. Instead, a smirk placed itself on her lips.

"They're here," Jasper murmured. Hazel nodded.

She balled her hands into fists, igniting the familiar blue energy she knew flooded through her body. The other mass of vampires emerged from the opposite end of the clearing, and Hazel had to take a moment to steel herself as the Cullens ran to meet their counterparts in hand-to-hand. Hazel used the energy around to her advantage, taking note of each vampire around her. There was one vampire she felt collapse to the ground, its head gone, and sent a spirit to it to touch the decapitated being, sending her own energy through the spirit to ignite the body in a blaze of blue flames. The burst of fire startled the newborns, a few of which flicked their gaze over to the demigod, snarling.

"Aw, shit," Hazel muttered, opening her closed fists and holding them close against her chest. She knew the vampires were fast, and she just hoped her training had paid off to make her faster. "Come and get it, you red-eyed losers."

Hazel produced a barrier around her front half with the familiar technique of solidifying the spirits around her as she focused on creating the tiny balls of condensed energy the Cullens had been helping her with. She shot the first one at a blonde male closer than the others, allowing it to burst on impact to set him on fire. However, the girl's victory was short-lived when she heard the footsteps nearing her from behind.

Hazel couldn't even get her head around in time to see the vampire coming toward her before it was suddenly flung to the side. Her eyes flicked to the large wolf that had attacked the being, immediately recognising who it was.

Neither had the time to exchange more than a split-second silent acknowledgement before Christian was bounding to join the others in the fight, and Hazel was spinning back to prepare her next attack. She locked her gaze on another vampire close to her, willing a spirit to grab the newborn's ankles. As it tripped, Hazel reached to the ground and set a line of flames it's way, not staying to watch the aftermath as she turned to the next one.