𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ |

"Yeah, we'll be gone all weekend," Bella's happy smile was infectious, and Hazel grinned widely. "It only came up because Edward reminded me when he was dropping me off at the police station."

"Your dad's probably investigating the strange things in Seattle," Hazel hummed.

Thinking of the disappearances, she couldn't help but think about Victor. The faint memory of his anguished cries made her screw her face up. Bella noticed this and called out to her.

"Hazel? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she responded, waving Bella off. "I'm jealous of you, though!" Hazel groaned, leaning back against the Cullen's sofa. "You're so lucky! You get to go to Phoenix together. And to see your mum!"

"You shouldn't say that. Last time I was in Phoenix I got attacked."

"Um, that's only because you ran away," Hazel pointed out.

"You're the one who left me in that hotel room alone," Bella retorted, shooting the girl a look.

"Well, excuse me for needing to pee," Hazel narrowed her eyes at the brunette. "We were having great fun playing Uno, but then you thought it would be fun to run."

Edward and Jasper, who were out hunting mere moments prior, frowned at the sound of the girls' arguing. They slowly ascended the stairs and walked into the lounge room where the humans sat. The males observed the pair, taking in the sight before them. The girls' homework sat strewn all over the floor. Hazel was sitting on the floor against one of the couches; her pen pointed accusingly at Bella. Bella sat on the floor in front of the opposite couch, desperately attempting to defend herself.

"What's going on?" Edward spoke up.

Both girls jumped. They turned their attention to the two vampires, and Hazel spoke up almost immediately.

"We were having a friendly conversation, but then Bella and I began arguing about how she ran away while we were in Phoenix."

"She got mad because I left while she was peeing," Bella added.

"You could have waited!" Hazel swivelled to face Bella, her hands up with evident exasperation. "We could have kept playing!" She let out a huff.

"Is this all this petty argument is about?" Edward sighed. The girls nodded, Bella pouting at his choice in words.

Jasper, who, as the girls spoke on the Phoenix situation, had taken up the seat on the sofa behind Hazel. He gently tapped her shoulder. Hazel span around, her gaze locking on his almost right away. He jerked his head, a motion meaning he wanted her to follow. She turned back to the other couple, noticing them talking, then hastily gathered up her schoolwork and stood from the floor.

Jasper led her to the room beside the living room. He stopped, looking back to Bella and Edward, before turning his attention to Hazel.

"What did you need?" The girl queried.

"I apologise in advance for being so blunt; however, I couldn't think of another way to inform you of Victoria's return," Jasper spoke.

Hazel blinked in disbelief. She was too shocked to respond.

"That was Alice's vision at lunch the other day," he continued. "This is why Edward is taking Bella away to Phoenix."

"Are you telling me I should head out of town, too?" Hazel queried and raised her eyebrow.