𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛʏ ꜱɪx |

"Can we go out today?"

Hazel, who' been hanging her head off the edge of Alice's bed, attempting to read a book as the blood rushed to her head, finally lifted herself up to face the two vampires with her. Alice, who'd chosen to rest her body in between Hazel's legs, pulled her own book away to gaze at the curly-haired girl. She smiled and nodded, and the pair looked over to Jasper. The honey-blond, who somehow gracefully hunched over the book in front of him, lifted his head.

"What did you want to do?" He queried. Alice lifted her gaze back to Hazel's face.

"I don't know. I wanna go out on a date with you guys and, as much as I love reading, I'm not really in the mood today," Hazel replied, shutting her book. Jasper nodded, understanding her wishes. Hazel smiled and looked down at the smaller girl in her lap.

Alice looked between the two, both of who seemed to be waiting for her to speak, and sighed. "I'm not going to object. I was already thinking that maybe we should go out and do something. I mean, how long has it been since it's been just the three of us without our minds occupied with worry?"

"Too long," Hazel hummed. "Did you have any ideas, then, since you've been thinking about this for so long?" Hazel asked, teasing Alice a little further by poking her cheek.

"Actually," Alice sat herself up and turned to Hazel, smiling, "I may have a few ideas. One of which includes staying out all night to stargaze. Another includes a picnic. Or we could go to a cafe and then go for a stroll through the woods."

"If anyone else was suggesting this, it would sound like the beginning of a horror movie, but with you, it's all worth it," Hazel grinned, giving Alice a kiss. Jasper frowned at Hazel, confused, and Alice duplicated his expression. "Oh, come on. Going into the woods for a mysterious walk with people. Look me in the eyes and tell me that's not the beginning to a horror movie,."

"Look me in the eyes and tell me the last time you watched a horror movie without freaking out?" Jasper replied, lifting his eyebrow as he smirked at the curly-haired individual. Hazel turned her eyes to him and stuck her tongue out, only for her frown to morph into a smile.

"I think we should combine the walking and stargazing ideas. But ditch the cafe and just let me bring some snacks instead. I bought some stuff yesterday I've been putting off eating." Hazel turned her green eyes back to Alice. "That cool?"

"Sounds perfect," Alice replied, and let out a gleeful giggle. "Come on, we'll take you home."

"When I was younger, I wanted to be like Batman, you know? Kicking bad guys' faces and stuff." Anthony pretended to kick a criminal in the face, then turned back to the couple on the couch. "I know now that I can't do it, but I definitely wanna be as rich as Batman is. And smart. I wanna have a butler, too."

"Do you know how you're going to make all that money?" Jasper queried, cocking an eyebrow at the younger boy. Anthony hummed, scratching his head.

"I'll become the boss of a really big company, just like Bruce Wayne, but I'm gonna make sure that company is filled with really good people doing really good stuff, like helping people and stuff."

"I think you'll do great, Anthony. I can't wait to visit your mansion one day with your butler," Alice laughed softly.

"Yeah!" Anthony grinned, lifting his arms above his head. From the corner of his eye, Anthony noticed his sister descending the stairs. "Oh, Hazel and Mum are back!"

"What were you telling them about?" The Moone sibling's mother inquired.

"How I'm going to help people and make a lot of money when I'm big," Anthony signed back joyfully.

"That sounds wonderful," the older woman smiled. She turned to her daughter, patting her arm. "You three go have fun. I'll see you later."

Hazel nodded and gave her mother a quick hug. She waved to her family members, then gestured to Alice and Jasper to head to the door. The vampires stood from the couch and waved goodbye to Hazel's mother and brother before following the girl out of the house.

"It's weird to think that we're smaller than we actually realise. Little space dust people on a tiny rock in a swirling galaxy that has a chocolate named after it," Hazel uttered, stepping down the path to the vehicle a few metres away.

"What does that have to do with your little brother wanting to be like Batman?" Alice frowned. Hazel shrugged in response and opened the door to the Cullen's Jeep, haphazardly tossing the bag with her snacks onto the far seat. "Do all humans think this much these days about such random things?" Alice queried, teasing the girl by poking her cheek before climbing in the back with her.

"No," Hazel replied, turning her head to face the smaller girl. "You two just got lucky and got stuck with me."

"Ah, well I guess that's something I can't complain about," Alice hummed.

The female vampire rested her head on Hazel's shoulder, placing her left arm softly over Hazel's shoulders. Hazel hummed, pressing a light kiss to the top of her head before returning her gaze to the front window. It was only a few seconds of silence that lasted between them before Jasper's body returned to view, taking the driver's spot.

"You two alright back there, leaving me to my lonesome?" Jasper spoke, a cheeky grin flickering across his face.

"The view's better back here, anyway," Alice replied, humming as she looked over the parts of Jasper she could see. "There's something about watching you drive, Jasper."

"Indeed," Hazel grinned.

"Ah. Well," Jasper turned the key in the ignition, glancing back to the girls in the back seat and tossing back a wink, "if you two are happy with it, I'm more than happy. You two ready to go?"

"Take us away, Prince Charming," Hazel laughed. "I'm ready for a day to pretend all these troubles don't exist."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hello lovelies, how are you all? I hope you're all doing well and you're keeping yourselves well fed and hydrated. I'm sorry for the delays, I feel really bad that I make you all wait so long. I'm so thankful for those being patient with me.

anyways, I hope you enjoyed, and a big thank you for reading! I'll see you next time. bye! :)