𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ |

Hazel Moone wasn't sure what to do with herself. Bella Swan and her hadn't appropriately spoken since that day at the Rez. Jacob had also come down with Mono, according to Christian. So, as she usually did when she had absolutely nothing better to do, Hazel found herself dusting down the Cullen's home. It had become a sort of hobby for her, finding that cleaning the large house was almost therapeutic. She was able to blast her music without fear of someone hearing her sing or seeing her dancing. She could slide around on the wooden flooring, rags underneath her feet, as she dusted off the bookshelves.

The girl couldn't help but laugh loudly in the middle of one of Panic! At The Disco's songs that had an extremely long name --There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet -- finding the current situation she was in to be amusing. She stopped where she stood, staring around at the empty home, beaming maniacally. For the past hour and a half, she had been going floor by floor, never into anyone's bedrooms though, just dusting. She was sure anyone else she knew would hate every minute of it. She knew that the only reason she did it was that all she wanted was for the Cullen's to come back to a clean home.

"Wow," Hazel let out a breath after having finished the third floor. "Okay, pick this up and then go see Minnie." The girl nodded at her instructions to herself. She did just that, collecting the rags she had used and placing them in a plastic bag she would take back to her own house.

By the time she'd had it all cleaned up, including heading home, Minnie had sent her several texts reminding of their plans and then asking what she wanted for lunch.

"Hazel!" Minnie enveloped the girl in a tight hug. "Oh, man, how long has it been since it's just been the two of us?"

Hazel let out a laugh as she pulled away, commenting, "I know, right? We never get time to just hang out anymore. I miss this."

"Ugh, me too," Minnie linked their arms together, guiding her inside the cafe. "Now, I take it you'll want a hot chocolate?" Minnie inquired.

"Yes, please," Hazel groaned. "Do you want me to get a table?" Minnie nodded in reply, quickly heading over to the cash register.

The girl scanned the small cafe, her eyes landing on a familiar figure. His red hair stuck out from everyone else's normal tones of brown and blonde. His pale skin, only this time there were no freckles that Hazel had grown accustomed to, deeply contrasting with the brown jacket he wore. His red eyes turned to the painting beside him.

Hazel quickly spun her body around and headed to the nearest empty table. There were four seats, and she chose to take the one furthest away from the familiar male. She had no idea why he was there. Or how.

And his eyes, Hazel thought with a shudder. Could he be...?

"I hope you don't mind me getting you a chocolate croissant, too," Minnie smiled as she sat down opposite her friend. "I've got cravings, and chocolate's one of them." Hazel laughed, waving her off. "Good, good. I wouldn't have hesitated in eating yours if you weren't going to have it."

Hazel leant forward, her eyes glancing to where the familiar figure sat. Sher turned back to Minnie.

"Do you know what happened to Victor?" Minnie frowned at the girl's question. "I just... he hasn't been at school."

"I don't know," Minnie admitted. "I haven't seen him around either, now that you mention it." Hazel hummed. "Why do you want to know?"

"I--" Hazel cut herself off, deciding it was better to not worry Minnie. "I was just curious."

"Hmm, okay," Minnie shrugged. "So, I actually have something I want to ask you." The girl straightened herself up, fighting off the smile from appearing. "It's about Kassie."

"Well, fire away," Hazel grinned, loving the expression Minnie tried to hide.

"It was good to see you, Hazel!" Minnie waved to her female friend as she climbed into her father's car. "I'll see you at school on Monday, yeah?"

"For sure!" Hazel shouted back. Minnie grinned, pulling herself into the car. Hazel waved after the vehicle as it drove off down the road. "Bye!" She called after it.

Hazel was about to start waking down the street back to her house when she felt a vibration in her pocket. She frowned, digging into her jeans before producing her phone. She almost growled at the name that appeared on the small screen.

Bella Swan

Hazel sighed. She would have to answer the girl eventually. And, besides, she really disliked being mad at people. It was exhausting.

"Hello?" Hazel flipped the top and answered.

"Hazel," Bella sighed in relief. "Look, I just want to say I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry." Hazel imagined Bella running a hand through her dark locks in frustration. "You were right, and I have absolutely no idea how you're feeling and what you're going through."

"Bella," Hazel let out a breath of her own.

"No, just let me finish, okay?" Hazel paused, waiting for her to continue. "I was acting stupid, and I wasn't in the right mind. I've got a lot on my plate now, but that doesn't excuse my behaviour before. Jacob's not talking to me right now, and you're mad at me, so I've had nothing to do for a while. Please accept my apology."

Hazel contemplated for a moment. She had known Bella for some time now and knew the girl was much more emotional than she was. It was hard for her to stay mad, seeing as all Bella had done was try her best to get better.

"Okay," Hazel nodded. "Okay, I forgive you. Just... just promise me one thing, yeah?"

"Mhmm. What?" Bella inquired.

"Please, please, please don't do anything stupid. No matter what." Hazel ordered. Bella fell silent. "Bella?"

"Okay," she agreed. "I--I won't." There was a muffled noise from Bella's end of the phone. "Oh, sorry, Hazel. My dad's calling me. Bye."

"Bye, Bella," Hazel smiled. There was a beep, followed by silence.

Hazel quickly closed her phone and pocketed the device. A sigh escaped her lips. She genuinely couldn't believe Bella for several reasons. She just had to trust her for now. At least until they could catch up again.

Hazel was about to continue making her way back home when thee hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. Goosebumps rose on her skin, spreading from her back. She held in a violent shiver as she whipped her head around. There was... nothing. She frowned and turned back. But the feeling she was being watched still lingered, and she didn't dare walk home without looking around her always. Perhaps she was just paranoid, but maybe, in the back of her mind, did she really know who it was.

And she did know. She knew exactly who it was. But Victor had absolutely no idea she knew and continued to watch on from afar. He didn't stop until she was home.

And, only to himself, he made a vow.

A/N: guess who's back, back again.

haha, how's it going? this chapter was a roller coaster to write, holey moley. and, boy, i have a future chapter prepared that's going to get you screaming for several reasons, only 50% being good. y'all are gonna hate me.

n e ways. queries, comments, leave them if you wish! i love reading them and it's fun to reply when I'm meant to be finishing schoolwork. bye-bye, now! :)