𝐱𝐱.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ |

Once again, Hazel was back at the Cullen's. As of late, her visits were becoming less and less frequent, but they still somehow managed to stay apart of her routine. It was like clockwork every week on Saturday. The time was irrelevant, but she tried to visit during the day. That day was different, however, as she found herself walking through the Cullen's home right after the sun had set.

She always made sure to dust almost everywhere she could. It surprised her she hadn't found any spiders attempting to make the empty building a home of their own. She wasn't complaining, however. The reason Hazel had for cleaning was so the Cullen's wouldn't have to come back to a dirty house if -- no, when -- they returned. 

After dusting, Hazel would always find herself right back in the bedroom, collecting the yellow notepad. She didn't always stay on the bed and write to them; sometimes, she would just grab the writing pad and move elsewhere. It was easier for her, in some ways, to not always confine herself in the same room. However, she made sure she never entered anyone else's bedroom, out of respect and common decency.

'Hey.

Man, I don't even know what to say anymore. I could tell you about my day, but it's been repetitive lately, continually following the same routine, the same pattern. Bella's become more secluded since Jacob joined Sam, so I don't hang out with her any more. I'm afraid for her.

Minnie says I should be more concerned about myself. She told me I've looked skinnier recently. It's not a bad thing, but I understand what she's trying to say to me. I do take care of myself, though. You don't have to worry. She's getting along really well with Kassie, just if you were curious. They never fight. Ever.

I don't necessarily have anything else to say. I mean, I've been missing you guys a lot. I never take off the necklace and bracelet you gave me. ANd you can tell Rosalie I've been making good use of the earrings. Carlisle and Esme, too. The dress is fantastic.

I know I said I don't have anything to say, but I can't keep it hidden from you. Laurent's back, and Victoria's with him. She wants revenge and Laurent almost killed Bella, so she didn't have to face Victoria's wrath.

Bella told me that she only survived because of these massive wolves. They're bigger than bears, she said. I was asking a few people, and apparently, the first sighting of them was a few years ago, but it was only one of them at the time. And no one was killed, so the only reason people are dying has to be Laurent and Victoria. The wolves must be hunting them.

Christian has a tattoo. I found out this morning. Jacob's been acting strange, and I can't help but think about Christian. I don't know what to do about all of this. I wish you two were here.

I wish I could help Bella.

I have to go now; my mum's probably worried sick. 

I'll see you soon.

Yours forever,
Hazel.'

Hazel sighed. She tore her eyes away from the paper to the large window she was sitting next to. She watched the drizzle of rain that poured. She was glad it had calmed down since that morning.

At the exact moment Hazel placed her notepad down, her phone rang. She smiled slightly at the timing. She pulled the device from her pocket and read the name that illuminated the screen. It was Christian's. With a look of confusion, Hazel picked up the call.

"Hazel, I know I said I'd need some time, but Jacob's telling Bella, so it's only fair I tell you," Christian spat out his words. Hazel could detect the heavy breathing on his end as if he'd just gone running or something.

"Tell me what?" Hazel inquired, her eyebrows furrowing deeper.

"Well, I can't really say, but I can kind of tell you?" He sighed. "At least, that's what Jacob's doing."

"Chris, what the hell are you talking about? You're making no sense." Hazel ran a hand through her curly locks as she waited for Chris to say something else.

"Okay, so," the boy breathed, "I told you ages ago about the legends of our tribe. The legends of the Quileute. Do you remember?" Hazel paused, knowing it did seem familiar. She hummed in reply. "Thank God. I told you about how we're supposed to be descendants of wolves."

"Wolves?" Hazel whispered.

"Yeah, um, our chief from long ago found a predator on our land." Hazel could hear movement from Christian's end. "They were humanoid, but they didn't eat. Not human food anyway.  They drank blood. Animal blood, but blood nonetheless." Hazel tensed up, but Christian continued. "The chief made a treaty with them, to protect our land and theirs. After that, we continued to embrace our ancestors, the wolves, to protect us from the creatures."

Christian's tone became morbid. Hazel felt goosebumps rising on her skin. She frowned as the words swirled in her brain.

Creatures? Blood? Vampires. The Cullens. But the wolves. Wolves, wolves, wolves. Quileute. Vampires. Wolves.

"Hazel?" Christian's voice broke through her thoughts. "I've got to go now, but please, please, think about it. Think about what I've told you. Use that big brain of yours."

"Chris--"

"I'll talk to you later," he cut her off. "Just... figure it out, and get back to me."

A beep, and then the call ended.

"But I already have," Hazel breathed.

Vampires. Wolves. Not just any wolves. Human-wolves. Wolf-humans. Werewolves. Werewolf, werewolf, werewolf.

Hazel pulled the phone away from her ear. She rapidly pressed the buttons until she found Bella in her contacts. Her hand hovered over the call button, but something stopped her. Jacob was supposed to be telling someone, and Hazel could bet her pinky toes it was Bella. She had to wait, at least until the morning, then she would call.

Or Bella would.

A/N: hi :) i'm feeling good because i made green eggs and then quesadillas today. it's also holiday time where i am so i get two weeks to just chill. how are you guys going?

i hope you enjoyed this chapter. don't be afraid to leave comments or questions, they're my favourite thing to see. thank you for reading! bye!