A Friend Found

At Zay's home, the teens are getting settled in.

Zay's grandparents are very happy to see their grandson and his friends from the city.

They all sit down together and talk.

Suddenly Zay's grandfather asks, "So Isaiah, when are you gonna finally participate in the rodeo? Your friend, the Friar boy has become quite the star around here. All everyone talks about now is how that boy rode Tombstone."

Zay nervously chuckles and answers, "I'm not very interested in the rodeo. I'm good just watching others, ya know."

His grandfather frowns and says, "It's a shame really that you're not interested."

Suddenly he perks up and adds, "Well since you like watching others, there's a rodeo in town. I think you should go down tomorrow to watch your buddy. I have to say the boy has got guts to even think about riding a bull again after getting thrown off like that."

Farkle interrupts him and asks, "Are you saying that Lucas Friar is riding a bull again tomorrow?"

The old man nods and replies, "I was surprised myself, when I heard. Apparently Joe was slightly on the fence about it this time but Lucas convinced him. That boy is very persuasive, I tell ya."

He then takes a look at the time and continues, "Well it's getting late for me so I'll be off to bed. Good night kids."

The old man goes to his room leaving the kids in silence.

Maya breaks the silence and says, "Does he have a death wish? I mean wasn't last year bad enough for him? He was the one who said that you can die in bull riding."

Smackle replies, "He's hurt so he's probably not thinking straight. It might have made sense to him in some twisted way. Especially if he managed to convince his grandfather."

"But how can it possibly make any sense? He was terrified of going anywhere near the bull last year until Riley said that she believed in him. That was what made him get on that crazy bull in the first place." Zay points out.

Maya mutters, "Stupid Huckleberry"

"Smackle has a point on him being hurt right now so he's not exactly in the right frame of mind. He definitely had some reasoning but there's no guarantee it would make sense to us. I know that I call him an idiot from time to time but he's actually quite perceptive." Farkle replies.

"I'm surprised Pappy Joe is even letting him on the bull this time. Last time it was because Lucas had something to prove. What could possibly be his reason this time?" says Zay.

Riley replies, "Lucas must have some pretty good reasoning. Even if Lucas was persuasive, Pappy Joe wouldn't change his mind easily. Pappy Joe knows the risks so I don't see why he would allow this unless there is some good reason."

They decide to retire to bed early to make sure that they reach the rodeo on time.

The next morning, the teens all get ready quickly and make their way to the rodeo.

They look for Lucas hoping to catch him before he goes to ride the bull.

They had to fix their mistakes before it was too late.