Genius Revealed

The teens came out of Lucas' room to find Riley holding a piece of paper, in tears.

They all went up to her to ask what was wrong when she told them about the letter Lucas wrote to her thinking she would never read it. She told them about how Lucas felt in the past year.

The teens looked down feeling guilty for hurting their friend so much.

She then asked the boys about the jelly bean experiment.

The boys looked at them sheepishly and recalled the entire story behind that experiment.

They ended the story saying that Lucas had not made his decision till then and concluded that he loved both the girls equally.

Riley laughed at this and said, "Either you both are idiots or Lucas is smarter than any of us gave him credit for."

The boys looked confused and asked her what she meant.

She smiled and told them what Lucas had said in the letter.

She revealed about how Lucas actually had made up his mind a long time back but very cleverly made something up for the other one to avoid revealing his decision.

"I can't believe a face made a fool of me like this. I'm supposed to be a genius." says Farkle.

"Well he fooled me as well Farkle. I mean I've been his friend for years and still I couldn't even understand what he was doing."

Farkle glared at him and almost growled, "Not helping."

The girls had been trying to control their laughter but Farkle's reaction pushed them over the edge and they started laughing out loud.

The boys looked embarrassed.

Smackle then asked, "So who did Lucas really choose? I'm sure he's mentioned that also in the letter."

Maya interrupts, "I want to say something before Riley goes ahead to reveal what Huckleberry decided. I've been thinking about things for a few weeks and I kind of realized that I don't like Lucas like that. He's like an overprotective brother to me. I'm really sorry for causing this whole mess."

Riley now smiles and says, "Maya you don't have to worry about that because Lucas knew that as well. One of the reasons why he never said anything was that he didn't want to hurt us directly. He was hoping you would have this realization sooner and we would go back to living our lives. Unfortunately things didn't exactly work out the way he hoped. He never really had to make a decision because it was never really a choice for him."

Farkle interjected, "What do you mean it was never really a choice?"

Riley smiled softly and replied, "Lucas loved me from the moment he saw me on the subway. He never said anything before because he didn't want to scare me away. He went on with this mess because he thought this was what I wanted. My insecurities caused this whole mess which led to his insecurities to surface, not that any of us noticed. One of his biggest fears is not being good enough for me. When I rejected him after he rode Tombstone, I unknowingly made that fear come true. He knew that Maya wasn't herself but we had made him think that we wouldn't listen. That's why he never said anything."

The teens couldn't believe that Lucas had literally predicted everything.

"Hey this means I was right all along." Maya says happily.

"What are you talking about?" Smackle asked.

"I'm talking about when we had returned to the bay window after the road trip. The guys were sitting there and we asked Lucas if he had made his decision and I told him that he picked Riley." Maya answers looking pleased with herself.

Farkle understands what she was saying and says, "I can't believe it. Maya knew something that I didn't."

The teens all laugh.

Zay then asks, "So Riley how do you feel about the former idiot, who's really a genius, being in love with you?"

Riley smirks and says, "You'll see."

Farkle complains, "WHAT! That's not fair."

Zay adds, "Yeah we've been waiting for like three years."

Riley replies, "I don't want you guys to know before Lucas just like he never let you all know before me. Lucas deserves that much."

The teens nod understanding, making Riley smile.