Friendships Fixed

The next morning everyone comes back to see the doctor, who was already checking up on Lucas.

Topanga asks, "Is Lucas getting discharged today?"

The doctor replies, "He's perfectly fine so I don't see why not. Just make sure to take it easy for a few days. Also see a doctor immediately if you feel any pain."

Lucas nods and Riley replies, "We'll all make sure that he follows all your instructions. Right guys?"

Everyone nods in agreement.

Lucas groans and says, "I don't need so many babysitters or whatever you wanna call yourselves."

Riley replies with a smile, "I hate to say this but you do. You tend to lie about your pain. And you're also good at keeping things to yourself as you just proved these past few months."

Lucas tries to protest but Riley quickly shuts him down with a look.

The other adults pack up Lucas' things and get ready to leave while Pappy Joe signs the discharge papers.

------

"They just got together and they're already like an old married couple." Zay comments and Farkle nods in agreement.

"I know right. It's freaky." Maya adds.

Josh replies, "If you guys had seen Cory and Topanga growing up, you wouldn't be so surprised. They were more freaky at their age from what I've heard."

"But they've only been dating for a day. How is this even possible?" Smackle tries to argue.

Josh replies, "That may be true but their feelings are a lot stronger. They wouldn't have said 'I love you' to each other otherwise."

Maya jokingly adds, "I guess they're freaks then. Just like Topanga and Matthews."

"Well I guess we'll have to get used to him daydreaming about Riley now" Farkle says.

Zay adds, "We're gonna have to avoid playing video games like Call of Duty unless we wanna get killed all the time. He'll be off to Riley land all the time."

"You mean Rileytown" Smackle interjects, making everyone laugh.

------

After Lucas' things are packed, a nurse enters the room with a wheelchair.

Lucas shifts his eyes from the nurse to the wheelchair and then back to the nurse.

Lucas nervously says, "Is that really necessary? I can walk perfectly fine."

The nurse replies smiling, "I know you can but this is hospital policy. There isn't anything I can do so hop on quickly."

Lucas sits on the wheelchair, defeated. Riley giggles at the site and Lucas glares at her.

They all leave the hospital building and Riley helps Lucas on Pappy Joe's truck ignoring the protests from Lucas.

They all settle in Pappy Joe and Zay's grandfather's trucks and leave the hospital premises behind.

---------

They all arrive at the Friar Ranch where Riley helps Lucas out of Pappy Joe's truck.

This time Lucas decides not to waste his energy by trying to protest.

He accepts help from his friends and makes it in the house where he is left on the sofa after being told very strictly to not move from his spot.

Riley takes her place next to them while her parents get them some food and water.

They sit down and talk for sometime but then Topanga says, "I think it's time for us to leave now. We have a flight to catch."

She stands up and gives Lucas a kiss on his forehead telling him to take good care of himself. Cory shakes his hand before going to get their luggage.

Auggie comes forward and gives Lucas a hug until Topanga has to pry him away saying that they were getting late.

Everyone says their goodbyes and Pappy Joe goes to drop them at the airport.

The gang sits down and decides to talk about a few things.

They ensure that they don't bring up Lucas' parents during their conversation because they were still afraid of making Riley mad.

Farkle says, "I know we've said this before but we are really sorry for being so inconsiderate about your feelings. We didn't mean to but we did it anyway and hurt you. We promise that we'll always talk to you as your friends first."

Zay adds, "Yeah man. And if we ever do something even remotely close to this just hit us over the head or something. We know we've been the worst friends in the world."

Smackle then goes on to add, "Also please don't ever feel like you can't talk to us. If you feel like something is bothering you please talk to someone before you reach the point where you just snap. We're not saying to talk to us but just talk to someone."

Maya says smiling, "And stay away from bulls."

Riley jokingly adds, "I think you mean man cows."

This makes everyone laugh and even Lucas cracks a smile.

When the laughter subsides, Josh says, "But seriously take care of yourself. Auggie was really worried about you. Don't give that poor kid a heart attack so early in his life."

Lucas smiles and replies, "I'll definitely keep that in mind."

He pauses, then asks, "When are we going back?"

Farkle replies, "I was thinking about tomorrow depending on how you were feeling. Dad said he'll send us his jet. He wants us all to have a safe trip back."

Lucas nods and says, "Well I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow so I guess we should get packing."

Riley interjects, "We'll do the packing. You are going to rest. If we need your help, we'll ask for it."

Josh says, "Riley I think you should sit and keep him company. That way we'll be sure that he is resting."

Riley nods in agreement and replies, "Just call if you need any help."

Lucas protests, "I don't need a babysitter. I can take care of myself."

Farkle replies, "Hate to break it to you but you do need someone to keep an eye on you."

Lucas grumbles while the rest of the gang laughs before going upstairs to pack their luggage.

Riley perks up and says, "Hey Lucas, look on the bright side. We can relax and click lots of pictures now. Those guys are busy so they won't even interrupt us."

Lucas smiles on realising that Riley is right and pulls her in for a kiss.

They both sit and click many selfies together in different poses.

Riley clicks a few of Lucas alone and Lucas does the same for Riley.

They change their lock screen pictures on their phone as well.

Their friends come back in the room and at the same time Pappy Joe enters the house.

The gang makes dinner with instructions from Lucas. Nobody lets him help saying that he is supposed to take it easy.

This clearly annoys Lucas but he's also happy so see his friends being so worried about him.

Everyone sits down and has dinner together before going to bed.