Getting Ready

Lucas enters the Matthews' house to find Farkle and Zay sitting on the couch, talking to each other.

He goes to the picnic basket to put the chocolate cake he bought from the bakery inside.

Topanga notices him in the kitchen and asks, "You got everything you needed?"

Lucas nods in response and she continues, "In case you're wondering, the girls are in Riley's room helping her get ready."

Lucas replies, "I figured as much. That's why I had removed my clothes from the closet beforehand and kept them in Auggie's room."

Topanga smiles looking impressed and says, "Good thinking."

Farkle then says, "So Lucas, what exactly do you have planned for Riley tonight."

Lucas makes a face and replies, "I'm not telling you that. You can hear about it from Riley when she tells you later."

Zay says, "Come on man. Tell us something."

Farkle adds, "Yeah dude. Riley will call Maya, not us."

Lucas shoots them an unimpressed look and says, "You really expect me to believe you won't hear about it later? This is Riley we're talking about. She even told you guys about the letter which even she wasn't supposed to read. I agree that she'll call Maya first but she'll tell you guys eventually."

Auggie interjects, "Give it up already you two. Lucas isn't gonna tell you anything. I wouldn't advise him to say anything either, especially since it's supposed to be a surprise for my sister and she's in her room which is really close."

Lucas points to Auggie and replies, "Thank you Auggie. At least somebody understands."

However Auggie wasn't done yet and he adds, "I don't mind telling you boys everything after the lovebirds have left though."

Lucas shoots him an annoyed look and mutters, "Traitor"

Topanga laughs along with the others, making Lucas pout which earns him another round of laughter.

Lucas gets annoyed and leaves the room saying, "I'm just gonna go and get ready."

------

Lucas re-enters the room after sometime all dressed up for his date.

Topanga takes a look at him and says, "You look great Lucas. Now I'll just go and check up on the girls. Good luck tonight."

Lucas silently thanks her and picks up the picnic basket while trying to get rid of the nerves.

The boys decide to help their friend and talk about random topics to take his mind off the big date.

A few moments later Topanga comes out of the room followed by the girls.

Riley is the last one of the girls out the room but Lucas doesn't notice them since he had his back towards her.

Zay notices her and turns Lucas around to face his girlfriend.

Lucas turns around and freezes when he catches sight of his girlfriend.

Riley also freezes on seeing her boyfriend looking as handsome as ever. She is the first to recover from her shock and walks up to Lucas.

Lucas relaxes and lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

Riley then says, "There are some moments you know you're gonna remember forever. This is one of them."

Lucas smiles remembering himself saying the exact same words to Riley on their first date.

-Flashback-

Riley enters the subway station with Maya. Lucas looks pleasantly surprised to see her dressed up for their first date.

After Farkle says a few things that Lucas doesn't hear anything, he walks towards Riley and says hi and Riley says hi back.

Farkle starts rambling about something too fast but Lucas once again doesn't pay attention.

Once Farkle stops talking Lucas says, "Even though this just happened, there are some moments you know you're gonna remember forever. This is one of them."

Riley simply smiles in response.

-Flashback-

He holds out his hand to Riley and says, "Shall we princess?"

Riley gracefully takes his hand and replies, "We shall cowboy."

Lucas kisses her hand and says, "Let's get going then."

They wave goodbye to everyone before walking out the door.

------

Once the love birds leave the house, Maya turns to Topanga and asks, "So now will someone tell us what Huckleberry has got planned?"

Topanga looks appalled and replies, "If you think I'm telling you anything, forget it. Riley will tell you everything tomorrow herself. You kids really need to learn to be patient."

Farkle says, "But you know exactly what he's got planned."

Topanga replies, "That's only because he needed some help setting up everything. Just trust me when I say that Riley is going to love what Lucas has planned. Lucas would have gone somewhere if they didn't have so much to talk about."

Zay asks, "Exactly what do they need to talk about?"

Topanga replies, "They need to discuss the events of the past few months. If I'm not wrong they never really discussed exactly why Lucas felt the need to ride a bull again. Lucas also wants to tell her about what all is going on with his parents."

Smackle asks, "Is he even ready for that?"

Topanga sighs and says, "I don't know for sure but Lucas said and I quote 'Riley deserves to know what she's getting into.' If you ask me, I think he just doesn't want to start a relationship with any lies. You kids remember what happened the last time Lucas kept something about himself from Riley."

Farkle proudly replies, "Hambone taught us the Secret of Life - People change People."

Maya adds laughing, "Lucas got a bucket of water dumped on his head by Riley."

Topanga replies, "I was actually referring to Riley being mad at Lucas and her father because Cory knew about it too. But that water bucket incident definitely explains why Lucas was so adamant about telling Riley as soon as possible. He also muttered something about Riley being evil when she's mad."

Farkle and Maya can't help but laugh. They both remembered the look on Lucas' face after he got the bucket dumped on his head.

Zay comments, "I really think things will go well with them tonight."

Smackle says, "But this time Riley already knows some things because Pappy Joe told us."

Topanga looks confused and asks, "What exactly did Pappy Joe tell you kids? And when did he tell you anything?"

Farkle replies, "Pappy Joe was kinda scolding us for the way we treated Lucas over the past few months. He was on a roll and it sort of slipped out. Lucas had just gone to the bullpen after which Pappy Joe came to talk to us. He mentioned that his parents had practically abandoned him since the move to New York."

Zay adds, "He also mentioned something about his parents thinking that Lucas is a disgrace because he got kicked out of school."

Maya says, "Lucas is going to be mad when he learns that Riley already knows."

Auggie says, "I don't think so. Lucas won't jeopardize his relationship with Riley over something like this. My brother has worked really hard to get to this point in his relationship with Riley. He might not be happy about it but he's also learnt his lesson to not do anything rash."

Topanga adds, "I'm with Auggie on this one but we'll wait and see what happens after they are back from their date. For now just let them enjoy themselves."