Finally Together

Outside the room Cory, Topanga, Josh and Pappy Joe are just sitting looking at Auggie trying to entertain himself. The nurses go up to them and announce that Lucas was awake. They all walk towards Lucas' room to see how he's doing. Josh shoots a quick message to Maya about Lucas being awake and walks in with the rest of them. When they enter, they see the young couple just sitting in silence and holding hands.

"Aah", Cory screamed, scaring the couple and making the rest laugh.

Lucas then says smirking, "Come on Mr. Matthews, I know you love me. I'm your favourite student, remember?"

Topanga laughs and says, "He got you there, Cory. You did say that."

Cory huffs and replies, "He was unconscious. I was being nice."

Riley then laughs and says, "You're not fooling anyone here, Dad. You know you consider him like your own son. Mom also confirmed it."

Cory looks at Josh but Josh raises his hands and says, "I'm with the ladies on this one Cory. Just admit it already."

"Traiter", Cory mutters under his breath sending the group in another fit of laughter.

"Lucas", Auggie screams running towards the bed. Riley picks her brother up and places him in her lap.

"Hey Auggie. It's so good to see you." Lucas says, smiling. "I'm really sorry about cancelling last week. I promise I'll make it up to you."

"No rush there, Lucas. You just get better first. I'm just glad to see that you're alright." Auggie replies. "Just tell me one thing, are you two a couple yet?"

Riley gasps while Lucas lets out a laugh and then answers, "Oh yeah little man. I asked her officially and everything. I think I've waited long enough."

Lucas then turns to Riley with a soft smile on his face.

Auggie cheers, making everyone laugh.

Pappy Joe then steps up and asks, "How are you feeling boy?"

Lucas turns to him and answers, "I'm feeling alright. Not much pain right now."

Pappy Joe's expression then turns stern and he says, "Then you wanna tell me what possessed you to ride the bull without a helmet?"

Lucas smiles sheepishly and says, "I wasn't thinking straight. You know how you say that anger blinds you from making good decisions." Pappy Joe nods and gestures to him to continue. "Well I kinda got into an argument with the others right before my ride so I was kinda pissed. I'm sorry and I promise I learnt my lesson."

Josh scoffs, "Well I hope so because I don't want another call from anyone saying you're in the hospital anytime soon. You better remember your helmet the next time you decide to ride a bull."

Riley then turns to Lucas with a stern expression and says, "Oh he's not riding another bull ever again. Am I clear?"

Lucas glups and replies, "Yes dear."

Cory laughs at the scene but sees a stern look from Topanga and shuts up immediately.

The door then opens to show Farkle entering followed by Zay and Smackle. They all smile sheepishly and enter the room. They stand awkwardly until Lucas beckons them towards his bed.

Farkle is the first one to open his mouth and says, "We're really sorry about everything Lucas. We realize that we've been terrible friends these past months and we totally understand if you don't forgive us. Also I'm sorry about pissing you off before your ride."

Lucas smiles and replies, "Guys it's alright, I forgive all of you. It was my fault too for reacting the way I did. I should have controlled my temper better."

Zay then interrupts, "Lucas you reacted how any normal person would. We did make the mistake of taking you for granted and ignoring your feelings. We promise we'll be more considerate in the future."

Lucas smiles and thanks them.

Smackle says, "So I think we all would love to know what's going on with you and Bubbles here. She mentioned that you loved her so please tell me she told you how she feels because we might just explode from the anticipation. We've been waiting since yesterday to know her answer but she insisted that you should be the first one to know."

Lucas groans and asks, "Did you tell everyone about the letter?" Riley just giggles and Lucas continues, "And to answer your question Smackle, yes we've talked about it."

Farkle asks, "What did she say to you?"

Zays adds, "Yeah man, tell us."

Riley smiles and replies, "We are officially dating. Lucas asked properly and everything."

Zay pretends to wipe his tears and says, "Oh my, Lucas. My boy grew up so fast."

Lucas groans, and everyone bursts out laughing.

When the laughter subsides, Josh then asks, "Where's Maya?"

Farkle now notices that the blonde girl was missing and reples confused, "She was with us just outside the room."

Lucas turns to Josh and says, "Josh you should go talk to her. And do me a favour and tell her how you feel already." Josh tries to protest but Lucas cuts him off. "You're not fooling me buddy. You like her and it's about time you tell her. And don't give me 'the three years' nonsense. If you're worried about rejection then relax because she still likes you alot." Everybody looks at him shocked so he continues, "Don't tell me none of you noticed. I mean I know Josh is oblivious and all but seriously."

Farkle recovers and says, "How did I not see this as well? You're an idiot with a face and I'm supposed to be the genius."

Smackle pats Farkle and says, "This is just not your day, beloved. Human emotions are not always your strong suit."

Riley then asks shyly, "Lucas, how long have you known this?"

Lucas nonchalantly replies, "I noticed how she reacted to Josh showing up on a couple of occasions. I knew she liked Josh for quite some time but Josh never really confirmed that he felt the same until quite recently. I saw them having coffee one day when I realized that they were both oblivious to each other's feelings." He then turns to Josh and continues, "What are you waiting for an invitation? Go talk to Maya right now and confess how you feel. You can clearly see what happens when you keep things to yourself."

Everyone visibly winces so Lucas says, "Too soon for jokes?"

Josh then says, clearly fed up, "I'm going. I'm going. You guys are crazy."

Josh then leaves the room to go and find Maya.