Good Times Ahead

Lucas was catching up with the gang on what all he missed in school during his stay in Texas.

Suddenly, Pappy Joe says, "You know Lucas even though you got hurt, you managed to just break the existing record."

"Wait, what?" Lucas asks, surprised.

Pappy Joe starts to explain, "You broke the existing record. The buzzer went off right before you slipped. So technically, you broke the record. The officials came by the hospital to give your trophy."

Lucas looks shocked and finds himself unable to speak. He opens and closes his mouth a few times but no sound comes out of his mouth.

Maya says laughing, "Pappy Joe, I think you broke him."

Lucas shoots Maya an annoyed look and says, "Very funny Maya."

He then turns to Pappy Joe and continues, "So I broke the record on this bull? I mean, I wasn't aiming for that but it definitely feels good."

He turns to face Riley smiling. On seeing the look she was shooting him, he quickly stops smiling before he says, "Not going near any other bull ever again. I promise. But please, just let me savour this moment just this once."

Riley shakes her head smiling at Lucas begging and comments, "You're lucky you're so cute."

Cory then speaks up, "Well I guess we should leave and let Lucas get his rest. Come on everyone."

He pauses before turning to face Riley and continues, "I'm guessing you want to stay with him."

Riley replies, "I would like to if that is alright with you."

Cory nods indicating it is alright.

Auggie turns to Lucas and says, "Get better soon Lucas. I need my big brother back for our weekend sessions. And don't worry about my warnings anymore. I know you won't ever hurt ever her on purpose."

Lucas smiles with tears in his eyes. He beckons Auggie closer and gives him a hug.

He then whispers to Auggie, "Thank you for accepting me. I love you little brother."

Auggie whispers back, "I love you too big brother."

Topanga moves to break the two boys apart telling Auggie that Lucas needs his rest.

She then turns to Lucas and says, "You better get your rest properly. We'll be here till you get discharged tomorrow alright. And now you have no excuse to refuse my dinner invitations so I'll be seeing you on the weekends. You are also welcome for family game nights."

Auggie cheers while she gives Lucas a kiss on his forehead just like a mother would.

Lucas smiles and silently thanks her for accepting him.

Riley finds herself overwhelmed with emotion on seeing how well her boyfriend has bonded with her family.

Suddenly Josh lets out a groan and Maya asks, "What's the matter, honey?"

Josh then replies, "I just realized that Shawn will give me the third degree when he hears that we are dating. I did not think this through."

Everyone laughs and Cory says, "Hey you know he won't be as bad as me. It's Shawn and he'll handle this more calmly than I do. He's known you from the day you were born so that's also an advantage for you."

Maya adds, "Yeah Boing. Only Matthews freaks out like that. Shawn is a lot cooler."

Everyone says their goodbyes and leaves.

----------

Riley and Lucas sit in a comfortable silence until Lucas lets out a moan of pain.

Riley turns to him alarmed and asks, "Are you hurting? Should I call a nurse or a doctor or something?"

Lucas smiles and replies, "No need. I think I just moved a bit too fast. I'm okay. I promise."

Riley lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding and says, "That's good then. Just tell me if you need something okay. No need to pretend to be strong. I know how badly you are hurt so just be honest if you feel any pain."

Lucas nods and takes Riley's hand in his, making Riley smile.

Riley then quickly snaps a picture of their hands.

Lucas turns to her with a confused look on his face and asks, "Why did you click a picture of our hands?"

Riley replies smiling, "Well since we decided on doing this right, I thought we should upload a picture and officially change our relationship status."

Lucas nods understandingly but frowns on realising he didn't have his phone with him.

Riley looks confused and asks, "What's the matter Lucas?"

Lucas says, "I don't have my phone with me right now. I would like to make the announcement about our relationship together."

Riley smirks and replies, "Don't worry Lucas. I've got your phone with me."

Lucas chuckles and says, "You know I'm so happy right now that I want to shout out from the rooftops and tell the whole world that you're my girlfriend."

Riley giggles while Lucas continues, "But since I'm supposed to rest right now I'll have to do with writing it on the internet."

Riley shakes her head at her boyfriend's antics and replies, "Good boy. I'll write down a caption and then you can write something similar. I think that will be nice."

Lucas nods in agreement so Riley starts typing on her phone and then shows it to Lucas

Lucas smiles and reads her caption:

Happily taken. Love you so much my cowboy

"I really like that caption. Now it's my turn so give me my phone." says Lucas.

Riley hands him his phone and Lucas types out his caption then shows it to Riley.

Riley reads the caption smiling:

Happily taken. Love you so much my princess

"I like it, but why princess?" Riley asks.

Lucas replies smiling, "Because to me, you'll always be a princess."

Riley smiles in response, remembering the first time Lucas had called her a princess.

-Flashback-

After the seventh grade elections, Lucas had assigned roles in his democratic government to all of his friends except Riley.

Riley looks confused and asks, "Wait a minute. What about me?"

Lucas pretends to be confused and replies, "You? What about you?"

Riley looks at him seriously and asks, "What am I to you?"

Lucas smiles and replies, "What are you to me?"

He turns to the door and whistles sharply. Riley and Maya turn around to see a white horse enter the gym.

Lucas gets on the horse before helping Riley get on the horse behind him.

Lucas smiles and says, "To me (He then turns around to face Riley and places a blue princess head wear on her head) you're a princess."

Maya smiles looking at her two friends and Riley says, "Look at us"

Riley then leans on Lucas' back and wraps her arms around his waist.

Lucas smiles to himself and leads the horse out of the gym.

-Flashback-

"I really love you Lucas" says Riley softly.

"I really love you too Riley" replies Lucas.