Ch.5 One more day of Sad

Hello. I'm working on this in the car because I'm finally going home. 

------------------------------------

Veronica

You don't realize how much you miss a person till they are really gone. Like my mom, she was hardly there growing up but whenever she was she made up for it.

It's not like she was abusive or anything. She just worked a lot..

Taking me to ice cream, shopping, or just hanging around the house together. Honestly she was the best mom I could ask for.

Yes she was strict and drove me crazy but she's my mom, moms do that. It's their job.

Besides all the training and other things I had a pretty okay childhood. Beside some things it was pretty quiet.

Watching my mother die right in front of me was extremely hard. At the time I was focusing on getting me to safety before I died, but I saw her. With all those wounds on her chest, I watched her take her last breath.

Wherever she is now I hope she's happy and in a better place. The world is cruel and will kill anyone that has a good life or bad life. No mercy. Doesn't explain why I wasn't taken as well. Do I really deserve another go. I've been so close to death many times and yet here I am.

It's just a vial image of her looking at me coughing up blood. She had the dcencey to closer her eyes when taking her final breath but deep down I know I should have checked if she had anything left in her. Maybe I could have saved her and we could be home.

It has only hit now. The other night when talking to my brothers I had dinner with them and left for my room. I haven't had the will to get up. It's a pain in my chest and along with my healing wounds. Once I tried getting up but laid right back down when colors danced around my eyes before turning my vision black.

Maybe because you haven't eaten.

Shut up.

The only thing I've done is cry, sleep and stare at a picture of me and my mom that I had brought from home.

Just thinking about her makes me cry.

She's really gone.

Feeling tears come to my eyes I roll over and cry into my pillow.

Carlos

"Ok your going to tell me why the fuck you attacked Luna and my daughter." I grit my teeth together, leaning my hands on either side of the arm resting on the chair he's strapped to. One of the dumb fucks that attacked them checked into a hospital not far from there. Had to get where she lived though. She told me like it was nothing and I had to refrain from curing her mother. I've been searching all these years and they lived in a damn apartment on the grid.

They didn't know Veronica would come here so once she told me what happened I got to work on it. Do they not have things to tend to the wounds themselves? So stupid. He stays silent just looking at me.

I sent another punch to his face knocking out a few of his teeth.

" Boss said if we get her we will have all the power over all and rule you. You'll crumble to the ground." He spits in Russian with a sick smile. Is that really what's put into their heads. While that is true that's not why he wants to make us crumble. Power hungry bastard.

I may run the Italian Mafia but I know Russian. Protocall when becoming Mafia
Don. Plus it's handy with only Russian speaking hostages.

"NO lei è mia figlia e voi non la prenderete." I yell and pull my gun out and shoot him twice in the head. Fuck. I run my bloodied hand through my hair.