Ch23. Lost Shipment.

Lucas

Lucas

I pick her up out of the car and start walking into the house. She's out like a light. From what happend yesterday and today she really wore herself out.

I know she didn't sleep but she put on an act. The dark circles under her eyes really gave it away. When I saw that Chase guy under the mask my blood went cold.

1. Why was he out of all people working with them 2. why was he hanging around Veronica if he was.  That was all answered today well the part about hanging around her. I still don't understand why it was those three dumbasses.

It makes sense from what I got out of it. Get close to her and take her when the timess right. The thing is I had to hold my self back from beating his face when he said he kissed her.

He's a douche for this. All of it. All of them.

I open the door to her room and lay her on the bed and go to walk away but her hand stays on my arm. I look back and see her eyes half open while she's basically still sleeping. It's adorable.

"Stay. Please." Her tierd voice says and I want to leave and go ruin those guys for what they did but the tone in her voice is telling me to stay.

I sigh and kick off my shoes and climb behind her. I put my hand around her waist and pull her back to my front and run a hand through her hair. Soon enough she once again is fully asleep.

I close my eyes still playing my with her hair as I also slowly fall asleep.

...

I get woken up to a shake on my shoulder. I use my hand and cover my eyes from the light and look at the person who awoke me from my peaceful slumber.

It's Caleb. I roll my eyes and prop my self up on my arm. "What." I wisper wanting to go back to sleep. I don't get enough of it.

"The guys and Carlos need you and you're lucky I'm the one who found you. If Cole or Damien found you, you would probably be six feet under for sleeping in here." He says and I smile as I look at her.

It's cut short when I realize what he said. Straight faced I get up and stretch my legs and walk out of her room closing the door quietly.

"When did you guys get back after I left with her?" I ask him as we walk side by side down the stairs. "Well we came back after about five hours after you guys." He says and I give him a confused face.

It doest take five hours to get information out of people. And if they did hold up that long they probably don't don't any limbs. Not that their not already dead anyway.

"After we got what we wanted we left to base X to work on some things. A shipment went missing along with the four men that were supposed to get it." He says to me and I nod. That makes more sense.

"Ah Lucas glad Caleb found you." Carlose says as we walk I to his office. "Where were you anyway man we didn't see you when we got back?" Damien asks and I quickly think of a response.