Ch29. Month

I'm sorry I've been gone school just  started and I'm struggling yall. Anyway how's you?
...

 Anyway how's you?

Veronica.
(One month later.) ⚠️not edited

"We worked hard on this project so now it's time to get it done. Two weeks from now the Mafia Ball is coming up. All of us will go all need dates except Jayden. There we will try out first attack. We will go after his wife. Madison.

Lucas you'll be the one killing her every one else needs to help out when every thing goes to chaos. Clear?" Dad says as he writes stuff down in his book.

Killing at a Mafia Ball with all the head leaders. Just a great idea! This will be a hard one I know. "Also have some news. Zara is coming home." He announces.

Who's that?

"Yay moms coming home!" Jayden jumps up. Whaaaaat.  "Yes Veronica I've never had time to tell you but Jaydens mom Zara is coming back from a trip she took for work. She is your step mom. I'm sure she'll be very happy to see you." He smiles at me.

Well I hope this goes great. I mean it'll be nice to see Jaydens mother.

"More details will be brought to you guys on paper from either Jacob or Elijah. You're dismissed." He says ans we all leave.

Mafia Ball and we need a date. Why the fuck do we need a date? I'm perfectly capable of doing things my self.

Madison, Jaxon's wife Mafia Queen. Hm this is really gonna start stuff but it's time to get to work.

...

"Roni come on Zara is here." I hear Cole knocking on my door. Ok let's meet this Zara.

I open my door and walk put with Cole. I see this women around 5'4, 5'5? She has short brown hair and her brown eyes shine with happiness.

She has makeup on but it looks natural I can really see Jayden got it good. She looks over in my and coles direction and smiles. "Oh Cole come on." She waves her hand. He smiles and walks over giving her a hug.

Once she's done she looks as me. "And you must be Veronica." She smiles. "Yea thats me." I respond. "Oh come on." She pulled me into a hug and I tense up but hug her back to be nice.

"Hkw have you been darling." Dad says hugging her also. Aww there cute. "Great actually I was ready to come home though." She talks and most of us make our way back to the living room. The boys and I sit on the couch while Jayden, dad, and Zara walk to the kitchen.

Elijah and Jacob walk in the room with papers and hand us all some before walking towards my Dad. "Thanks Mr. Magician!" I yell back and he waves.

I open the file and I'm greeted with the layout of the place holding the ball.  One big room with an upstairs with balconys. Our names  are put in places I'm assuming where we are going to be.

Lucas located at the upstairs. I'm down in the middle right with Caleb. Seems easy enough. "This is going to be really fucking bad. We are supposed to come to this thing without guards how the hell do we pull this off?" Caleb says reading over.

"Turn the page and read that. It says once it's happened some of our guards will get a signal to make there way over." Lucas says from besides me.

"Oh yea." He says. "Well make it I know. You domt mess with us." Cole says closing his papers. "I'm out guys see you later." Damien says leaving shortly after everyone leaves and it's just me and Lucas.

"Why not go after Jaxon that night?" I ask laying my head on the back of the couch. "That would make things complicated. Carlos has it planed and I trust him." He says looking at me.

All dam month it's been so weird one moment he likes hanging out with me and I'll sometimes fall asleep on him and the next he's all cold and annoyed.

"Lucas?" I ask him. "Yea." He responds.

Why are you doing this.

"Do you like me?" I blurt. He clears uis throat. "As in?" He asks. "Like you would want to date me." I say looking up at rhe roof embarrassed.

"Uhm. I feel him tense from beside me and he mumbles something and quickly runs out.

That went well. Tears fall and I get up and walk to my room I pass Zara on the way. "Are you okay?" She asks me. "Y-yea I'm okay." I smile and run into my room.

I lay in my bed amd don't do anything no sounds no moving nothing. I open my eyes and look at the picture wall. I've gotten a lot more lately.

Graduation is next month. I've decided on not going to college. We all have jo clue how long this war is going to last so I'm not going to have time to go to collage. Plus there is nothing I'm dying to become.

I can't stand being a doctor doing things they do gross me out and anything else .aw or other things don't sound appealing.

I have pictures of me and Jay, Cole, D, all of us. I keep my eyes on the ones of me and Lucas.

Why did you fucking say that Veronica goddammit.

I get up and close my blinds and turn off my light making my way around my room in the dark and find my bed I lay down and close my eyes. Let's sleep.

------------------------------------------

This is all over the place again 😭 I've come to the conclusion that I'm not the best a writing. Next chapter is the Ball.

-M